Banking Associate (ACCEL Program)
First Hawaiian Bank is currently seeking a collaborative, detail-oriented and organized Banking Associate (ACCEL Program) to join our Transformation Management Office team. Under the direction of the Banking Associate Development Program Manager, the Associates will participate in First Hawaiian Bank’s Accelerated Cohort of Credit Excellence and Learning (“ACCEL”) Program, a 6 -18 month formalized, multi-track curriculum that is designed to provide an accelerated learning experience to prepare each participant for a career in lending at FHB. In this program the Associates will work together to gain an understanding of core credit, lending, product, operations, and customer service fundamentals through instructional learning, on-the-job experience, and by performing assigned projects and rotations throughout various banking departments. At the conclusion of the program successful participants will be positioned to launch a career at FHB in various customer-facing units (private banking, business banking, commercial banking, wholesale banking, etc.). The ideal ACCEL Banking Associate will demonstrate a growth mindset, desire to acquire technical skills in an accelerated environment and an interest in a career as a front-line lender.
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (Hours may vary)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting and/or equivalent work experience including experience with business financial statements and accounting principles required.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrates service mindset and willingness to help others (e.g., customers).
- Able to handle confidential matters judiciously.
- Able to work under pressure with multiple deadlines.
- Able to work and collaborate with team members.
- Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office Suite of products.