Social Service Coordinator
Better Tomorrows is a mission-focused not for profit organization. We are working to alleviate poverty by providing programs, supportive services, and case management to over 26,000 residents of affordable housing in more than 100 communities across the nation and in Hawaii and the Virgin Islands.
We are searching for a dedicated, creative and reliable individual to engage residents including children, families and seniors in the coordination of case management, activities and programs aimed at promoting Better Tomorrows’ five - core focus areas: Health, Wellness and Nutrition; Academic Support, Financial Literacy, Job Readiness, and Social and Community Engagement. The ideal candidate will have experience working with children and families.
- Champion the vision and drive service delivery at an affordable housing property serving all residents including children and families, adult and senior residents, and any individuals with special needs
- Manage all facets of programming and service delivery by working collaboratively with community stakeholders, resident association, social service coordinators, and/or property manager on site
- Develop and implement on-site programs to meet the needs of residents, including:
- Adult Education and Job Readiness
- Food Banks and Financial Literacy programs to promote stability and self-sufficiency
- Health & Wellness programs to promote physical, mental, and general wellbeing
- After School and Summer Programs for children on property
- Develop and implement community-wide evens focused on building safe and strong communities
· Facilitate educational programs for children and adults utilizing community resources and agencies- including planning and teaching curriculum.
· Create service goals and plans with residents and support residents to achieve those goals while monitoring progress.
· Develop and utilize resource files for making referrals for residents in need of specific services. To provide follow-up when referrals are made.
· Publish monthly community newsletter and calendar
· Provide technical assistance to resident associations
· Limited fund development to supplement programs though grants, donations and partnerships Provide great customer service to partner property management company including assisting with helping residents comply with lease requirements
· Engage volunteers and community partners
· Conduct one-on-one case management services to support residents of the community
· Daily use of data system to track case management progress, demographic information, and program outcomes.
- Perform other duties as requested
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ work experience in Social Service Delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education or related field is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written, and inter-personal skills
- Organized, reliable and flexible
- Prior knowledge of affordable housing and area social service resources
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Apps and other software programs
- Able to work 9-5, Monday-Friday with some occasional flexibility
- Ability to safely lift 25 pounds
Better Tomorrows is an EO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.