Certified Nurse Aide
Assists resident with activities of daily living, including grooming, bathing, eating, toileting, mobility, range of motion, skin care, etc. as directed by the licensed nurse or manager. Communicates any resident condition changes, refusal of care, problems, and complaints to the licensed nurse or manager. Is responsible to ensure the happiness, safety and well-being of each resident. Follows all regulatory, life safety and infection control requirements. Responsible to document timely, accurately and completely.
- Completes "walking rounds" with off-going and on-coming CNAs to ensure smooth transition of care from one shift to the next. Receives report from the licensed nurse. Checks that each resident and room is safe and clean.
- Checks residents' schedules for the shift. This would include shower schedule, activities, appointments for the beauty/barber shop, therapy/restorative services, physicians' visits, etc.
- Checks on residents several times during the shift to offer assistance and to provide care as care planned.
- Performs personal services for residents within reason, such as reading, operating the television or radio, or whatever possible that will promote comfort, security and rehabilitation.
- Performs assigned clerical duties at the nurses' station, answers lights promptly, may answer telephones and intercom, run errands as directed by the supervisor.
- Day Shift 6:00am - 2:30pm;
- Evening Shift 2:00pm - 10:30pm;
- Overnight Shift 10:00pm - 6:30am.
- May be asked to work other than above shift as resident care and staff training requires.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have Hawaii CNA certification.
- Must have current CPR and First Aid
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English to facilitate proper communication with others.
- Must be able to provide physical and emotional care to the aged and disabled.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.