Photovoltaic (PV) Field Service Technician
POSITION SUMMARY: Field Service Technicians are responsible for performing daily cleaning and maintenance servicing of Residential and Commercial customers. No experience required. We will give you on the job training for the following areas of responsibility.
We Will Pay You While We Train You!
We have been in business 14 years strong and are not going anywhere anytime soon. We were the first company in the Hawaiian Islands dedicated to the long-term care of installed photovoltaic systems. We are looking for organized, resourceful, and self-motivated Field Service Technicians to join our team and support with workflow, enhance our customer service and help the company continue to succeed! We are a growing company, and we do all kinds of work in the photovoltaic maintenance industry.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to: (These items will be taught)
• Full system inspection of the site, which requires before & after photo documentation and detailed notes.
• Cleaning of the photovoltaic and solar hot water panels.
• Replacement and/or new installation of units which include, but not limited to: inverters, envoys, optimizers,
microinverters, inverter gaskets, inverter fans, gateways, etc.
• Conduct troubleshooting appointments.
• Conduct bird caging site inspections and installations.
• Upload all required documentation onto our cloud server in a timely manner after each completed site appointment.
• Attentive to email and text communication from office team members.
• Must be comfortable with, and not have any fear of, heights!
• Superior attention to detail, especially when handling of any electrical equipment.
• Driver’s license
• Reliable transportation to job sites island-wide
• Positive Attitude
• Able to work independently
• Proficient Microsoft Word
• Proficient Microsoft Excel
Skills and Qualifications:
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Basic math skill and data analysis
• Time management skills
• Able to work independently, take initiative, and have accountability for decision making and any errors as a result.
• Ability to ask for help when needed, to ensure quality of work standards and regulations
• Excellent communication skills with customers and team members
• Positive attitude, self-motivated, and willingness to learn
• Experience with the following Microsoft applications preferred but not required: Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, and
• Experience with the following manufacturers preferred but not required: SolarEdge, Enphase, SMA, and Tigo
Field Service Technicians are required to complete the following courses when hired: If you do not have these we pay to get them for you and pay for you to get the training.
• OSHA10-Hour Construction
• Electrical Safety Awareness
• Lock Out Tag Out
• Fall Protection Training
This is a unique opportunity to learn a specialized and desirable skillset in an ever-growing and lucrative industry! We will teach you all you need to know from Safety Procedures, Rules and Regulations, the Fundamentals of a PV System, and more. As an employee to our company, you represent a valuable investment, we will put forth into you the amount of drive you return to us!
The starting pay for this position is $19.75 /hr. A review of your knowledge after 2 months to determine pay increase.
This position may allow you to have your own company vehicle if you are able to fulfill the needs required by the company and prove yourself competent and trustworthy.
We operate Monday - Saturday.
Eligible Benefits after one month of employment:
• Health Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Company 3% matches your retirement plan. Yes we have a retirement plan package!
If you think this sounds like an amazing opportunity, you are right!
To apply please e-mail us with your resume and a brief description about yourself and why you are applying at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Field Service Technician
Visit our website at www.pacificpanelcleaners.com to learn more about our company.