Make-A-Wish® Hawaii Development and Corporate Relations Internship- Spring 2024
DEVELOPMENT AND CORPORATE RELATIONS INTERNSHIP
This individual will work with the Development team to gain first-hand exposure to the development process in a local non-profit organization. Interns will acquire a wide range of critical and transferrable skills, including fundraising, donor relations, events and communications, research and data/analysis/entry and copywriting, along with administrative skills. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support team in planning and executing fundraising initiatives, including internal and external events, campaigns, and more
- Build and strengthen donor and corporate relations through stewardship efforts
- Attend meetings alongside the Development team, as they present partnership opportunities to various community partners
- Identify opportunities for local partnerships and manage research results, including logging findings and relationships in Raiser’s Edge database
- Work with Communications department to ensure local campaigns and initiatives are promoted through social media, email, and other media
Candidates looking to apply must be extremely detail oriented. All majors are welcome, but this position is ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Public Administration or the non-profit sector, Business, or Communications/ Marketing/ Public Relations.
Internships are available during the Spring 2024 semester and applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We request a 10-15 hour per week commitment for the duration of the semester by potential internship applicants. To be eligible, potential interns must be enrolled as a student during the period of internship. Internships are also available for course credit (contingent upon university approval). All internships are non-paid. We have openings in our downtown Honolulu office. Qualified applicants must possess strong written and oral communication skills, working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), and demonstrate maturity and responsibility. Ability to handle multiple tasks and possess strong organizational skills is also encouraged.