Make-A-Wish® Hawaii Communications Art Internship- Spring 2024
COMMUNICATIONS ART INTERNSHIP
This individual will work under the supervision of the Communications Department and the Graphic Designer/ Brand Manager to assist in visual storytelling and communicating the Make-A-Wish Hawaii brand. Projects and experiences will align with our current needs, which fluctuate seasonally, as well as with the intern’s area of interest and specialty. Tasks may include:
- Designing general and event-specific marketing collateral, including social media graphics, signage, posters, fliers, info sheets, and web graphics (utilizing Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Learning and implementing national Make-A-Wish brand standards and localizing as needed
- Creating promotional and wish-related videos, including capturing and/or editing footage
- Printing and cutting jobs in-house, as well as facilitating external print jobs
- Providing photography and videography support as needed
- Supporting design projects for other departments as needed
Candidates looking to apply must be pursuing degrees related to this field. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in graphic design, web design, photography, videography, and HTML.
Internships are available during the Spring 2024 semester and applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We request a 10-15 hour per week commitment for the duration of the semester by potential internship applicants. To be eligible, potential interns must be enrolled as a student during the period of internship. Internships are also available for course credit (contingent upon university approval). All internships are non-paid. We have openings in our downtown Honolulu office. Qualified applicants must possess strong written and oral communication skills, working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), and demonstrate maturity and responsibility. Ability to handle multiple tasks and possess strong organizational skills is also encouraged.