CARLSBAD, CA - College Financial Representative: Business Development, Sales, and Strategy Internship
BEGIN YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AS AN INTERN WITH NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL
College Intern duties include:
- Work individually and jointly with senior advisors to provide expert guidance and innovative solutions for the comprehensive planning needs of individuals, families, and businesses in the areas of retirement planning, insurance and investment services, estate planning, business planning, education funding, and employee benefits.
- Test-drive a financial services sales career that offers a high degree of independence, high potential compensation and the opportunity to help people in a significant and meaningful way.
- Engage in an award-winning training and mentorship program to help you achieve the benefits of the career by helping you build a substantial clientele through professional relationships and referrals
- Acquire professional licenses and certifications, such as the Life, Accident and Health License, with financial support from our firm.
Desired skills and experience:
- Current full-time student enrolled in a 4-year university.
- Must be from or attending a university in the Carlsbad area
- Open to all majors.
- Self-motivation, energetic nature, and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Leadership, customer service, and sales experience preferred but not required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and without the need for sponsorship; Northwestern Mutual is unable to provide sponsorship.
Benefits and rewards:
- Mentorship and professional development training throughout your entire career.
- The opportunity to design your roadmap to leadership and specialized roles after graduation.
- Experience in a corporate culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition, and rewards.
- Competitive compensation based on commissions and stipends, with extraordinary income potential where hard work directly relates to your sales results.
WHO WE ARE:
At Northwestern Mutual, we believe that everyone deserves to “spend their lives living” and that a strong financial plan is the cornerstone for ensuring that reality! Financial security is not just something that happens in retirement but is what enables our clients to spend their lives living!
Our teams of financial advisors across the nation embody these beliefs and are committed to helping clients reach their financial goals. With over 70% of American’s citing that their financial planning needs improvement[i], a career with Northwestern Mutual provides abundant opportunities to serve this growing need!
Recognized by FORTUNE as one of the "World's Most Admired" companies[ii], Northwestern Mutual has been among the leaders in the financial services industry for nearly 160 years and has a proven track record of financial success.
[i] NORTHWESTERN MUTUAL Planning & Progress Study 2018
[ii] FORTUNE® Magazine January 2019
Top Ranked in the United States by Vault as: