Parts Outside Salesperson
HT&T Truck Center is Hawai’i’s largest full-service dealership for heavy and medium-duty trucks, and the sole Hawai’i authorized dealer for the Peterbilt, Isuzu, and McNeilus brands. For over 60 years, HT&T’s mission has been to assist customers in becoming successful in their unique transportation needs. We provide customized service for truck purchases, parts, service, and maintenance. We are currently looking for an Outside Parts Salesperson to join our ohana.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Plans, organizes and schedules sales calls to service existing accounts; develops new accounts through aggressive sales techniques by visiting customers in the field and in the office via phone, text, and email.
- Keeps management apprised of general business conditions in the market area, competitive price trends, and unusual circumstances that may influence and/or affect the company’s sales operations.
- Promotes additional parts sales by suggesting related items, seasonal lines, and/or specials.
- Obtains information from truck manufacturers regarding the availability and price of parts required for customers.
- Prepares special-order parts orders for their customers and sales.
- Submits part orders & keeps in contact with manufacturers as to estimated delivery schedules. Also keeps customers informed.
- Invoicing out customers their parts in a timely fashion and collecting payment.
- Assists in the receiving of parts orders, paying particular attention to special orders, verifying items & quantities received.
- Confers with dissatisfied customers and recommends ways in which disputes can be resolved.
- Confers with Supervisor, Repair Shop on regular repairs and/or warranty items for installation of parts in customer trucks as needed.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in medium and/or heavy vehicle parts sales with Diesel Engine knowledge.
- Self-motivated with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer aptitude, data entry and 10-key skills. Ability to use other office machines also required.
- Ability to adapt sales presentations to customers’ needs.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Three to five years of previous sales experience required.