Manager Trainee (MDP) Resort Operations
The Management Development Program offers a combination of learning activities, task-based assignments, practical work experience, and the ability to practice and developed leadership skills. Participants will also be partnered with a dedicated mentor/sponsor who will assist them with navigating the program:
- 12-month program rotating through multiple departments to ensure a comprehensive understanding of Resort Operations.
- Departments include – Front Office, Housekeeping, Recreation/Activities, Safety & Security and Food & Beverage.
- The curriculum contains Department Focused checklists with weekly focus areas.
- Opportunity to interact with owners, guests and associates while building operational expertise.
- Fully availability during weekends and holidays.
- Candidates will need to have earned a bachelor’s degree by the time they begin the program.
- Preferred degree in Hospitality or Hotel/Restaurant Management; Business and Hospitality minor will also be considered.
- Candidates should be recent graduates within the current semester or up to one-year post graduation.
- Prior hospitality or resort operations experience preferred.
The Management Development Program is offered at select locations in the following 5 regions: East, Florida, West, Hawaii and Caribbean.
This are the locations offering Management Development Program opportunities for Winter/Summer seasons:
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Hilton Head Island, SC
- Williamsburg, VA
- New York, NY
- Galloway, NJ
- Branson, MO
- Orlando, FL
- Miami Beach, FL
- Riviera Beach, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Marco Island, FL
- Lahaina, HI
- Newport Coast, CA
- Palm Desert, CA
- South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Park City, UT
- Breckenridge, CO
- Phoenix, AZ
- Scottsdale, AZ
- St. Thomas, USVI
*Housing accommodations and relocation are the candidate's responsibility.
Perks and Benefits
- Discounts and perks at Marriott International and Marriott Vacations Worldwide brands for associates, friends, and family.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Holiday pay! Eligible to receive holiday pay when working recognized company holiday.
- Competitive Salary and Sign-On Bonus (vary by location)
For MDP positions in Colorado, the wage range is $25.00 - $26.20/hour depending on location and department.
For MDP positions in California, the wage range is $26.20 - 27.40/hour depending on location and department.