College Intern - Resort Operations
Our College Internship Program is an immersion experience offering interns hands-on work exposure in one of the departments at our beautiful Marriott Vacations Worldwide resorts. The program cultivates knowledge, skills and abilities through learning and performing operational duties along with supplemental learning activities such as eLearning, and job shadowing. Interns will also participate in virtual meetings with company leaders and work on-site specific projects.
- Immersion program offering participants work experience in one specific department with cross training in one additional department.
- Three-to-six-month program.
- Comprehensive onboarding.
- Participating in operational duties within assigned department.
- eLearning opportunities.
- Virtual Meetings with site and company leaders.
- Networking with company-wide interns.
- Innovation Project.
Successful College Interns will be given a high level of consideration when applying for future career opportunities with Marriott Vacation Club.
The College Internship Program is offered at select locations in the following 4 regions: East, Florida, West and Hawaii.
These are the locations offering internships for Winter and Summer seasons:
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Hilton Head Island, SC
- Panama City Beach, FL
- Williamsburg, VA
- Galloway, NJ
- Orlando, FL
- Miami Beach, FL
- Riviera Beach, FL
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Marco Island, FL
- Newport Coast, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Palm Desert, CA
- Rancho Mirage, CA
- South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Las Vegas, NV
- Park City, UT
- Breckenridge, CO
- Vail, CO
- Steamboat Springs, CO
- Phoenix, AZ
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Lahaina, HI
- Koloa, HI
- Kapoeli, HI
*Housing accommodations and relocation are the student's responsibility.
Internship Position Description
- The housekeeping department is one of the most important components to the resort operation and gaining the skillset in this department will certainly set interns up for success on their career journey into hospitality management.
- Interns will initially learn the process of villa cleaning and the role of house aids so that they can progress into room inspections and room assignments, in addition to overview of leadership tasks such as property inspections, inventory, and supply ordering. Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate with other departments, learning more about the front desk, safety and security, and engineering.
Food & Beverage
- Interns will be exposed to both front and back of house while rotating between all food outlets based on location, property size and scope of offerings which may include pool bar, marketplace, and on-site restaurant.
- Interns will learn the responsibilities encompassed of a server, food prep/cook, expeditor, bar and an overview of leadership tasks such as par levels, alcohol handling, inventory, and ordering. Food and Beverage partners with recreation for themed events, holidays, and property celebrations.
- Interns will learn and perform the duties of a Front Office Agent, checking the guests in and out, assisting with guest questions, learning the daily operational duties, and resolving issues that arise. At the front desk you will learn the difference between ownership and nightly reservations, pre-arrival process, room location, and rewards program.
- Interns will learn what is encompassed in the areas of guest relations, shuttle, bell services, and concierge. Interns will have the opportunity to collaborate with other departments, learning more about housekeeping, safety and security, and engineering.
- Interns will promote the resorts recreation activities and facilities to both children and adults (e.g., trivia contests, pool and outdoor games, and educational programs from food/beverage tastings to local storytelling). Interns will work directly with guests as they build memorable experiences at the site.
- Interns will be able to learn what is encompassed in the areas of activities planning/organizing, coordinating/executing, promoting a fun environment, health & fitness, childcare, and an overview of leadership tasks.
Safety & Security
- Interns will be able to learn what is encompassed in the areas of guest relations, loss prevention, safety, investigations, theft/fraud, complaints, and an overview of the leadership tasks.
- Interns will learn and conduct property “walks”, oversee the safety at the pool areas, resolve lock issues, assist in managing parking areas, and service lost & found.
Internship Program Requirements
- Fully availability during weekends and holidays.
- Candidate should be pursuing a college degree at any level (Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior or Senior).
- It is preferred that the candidate is actively pursuing a degree in Hospitality or Business Management.
- Candidates who have an undecided major may also be considered.
- Discounts and perks at Marriott International and Marriott Vacations Worldwide brands for associates, friends, and family.
- Holiday pay! Eligible to receive holiday pay when working recognized company holiday.
- Competitive Pay! (Wages vary by location)