Summer 2024 Internship
SMX has an exciting opportunity available for a Summer 2024 Internship on our Digital Solutions Group (DSG) and Mission Solutions Group (MSG) teams! We are seeking self-motivated individuals that are passionate and curious about information security, programming, data science and more.
Interns will be exposed to a broad range of Information Systems processes, infrastructure, and applications and will have the opportunity to gain valuable insight into our mission-driven business. Ideal candidates should have strong business acumen and be passionate about managing projects from inception to close.
The SMX Summer Internship Program runs for eight weeks during the Summer Semester months. Summer Interns will be introduced to our winning culture through hands-on learning experiences and exposure to real business projects. This internship opportunity will offer various engagement and career development opportunities with SMX Executive Leaders, AND Networking Socials, and Community Volunteer Events. This internship will have onsite requirements to accommodate community events and networking. Interns should be located in the local Hawaii area to participate in training and events.
As an SMX Summer Intern you will:
- Participate in two, four-week rotations in the disciplines such as: Data and Software Engineering, Program Management and Finance, Cloud Engineering and DevOps.
- Work on a meaningful target project for the duration of your internship, culminating in a project presentation to leadership.
- Attend department “Lunch and Learn” meetings with SMX leaders.
- Attend meetings, calls, and gatherings with your rotational teams.
- Have assigned learning modules relevant to each rotation.
- Have an SMX Mentor as a resource to proactively seek guidance, clarification, and feedback.
- Attend internship social events.
- Attend internal networking events.
- Attend community volunteer events.
What you will need:
- A curious mind, a willingness to engage in a team environment and an openness to learn and try new things.
- Critical thinking to broaden your knowledge and an openness to ask questions about data, facts, and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work, meeting relevant professional standards.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise, and articulate manner – verbally and written.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an associate, undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher.
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance (position may require US Citizenship for work under DoD contracts).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Suite.