Sales Representative - Hawaii and U.S. Territories (Guam, Saipan, Virgin Islands, Am. Samoa)
At Teacher Created Materials, we are passionate about developing innovative and imaginative educational materials and services for K-12 students worldwide. Everything we do is created by teachers for teachers and students to make teaching more effective and learning more fun. Our Sales Consultants work with education specialists, school administrators, principals, schools and school districts to identify their needs and provide curriculum solutions.
We are looking for a dynamic Sales Consultant with an entrepreneurial spirit interested in uncapped earning potential to help take our team to the next level!
- Competitive Salary plus Monthly Uncapped Commissions
- Performance Bonuses
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off plus Company Holidays
- Generous 401(K) Match
- Generous Childcare Reimbursement
- Timely Reimbursement of all Business-Related Expenses
- Remote Work from Home Office Base (O'ahu, HI)
- Plus more
- Support region Vice President with sales strategy
- Establish rapport and relationships with clients and prospective clients within Charter Management Organizations and Charter Schools nationwide.
- Gain trust and develop an understanding of the client’s or prospect’s needs and expectations with respect to TCM product portfolio.
- Advise and consult with customers/clients on options available to them in order to help them achieve their targets and goals.
- Relentlessly prospect your territory to uncover prospective opportunities for TCM materials and service solutions
- Promptly and professionally respond to incoming telephone calls and communications from customers in order to solve customer problems / fulfill requests.
- Develop understanding of customers’ business needs and issues; understand opportunities with various customer buyers in order to develop viable solutions.
- Review with the customer how the recommended solutions are linked to customer's needs to highlight Teacher Created Materials’ commitment to customer needs.
- Meet with senior level buyers in order to build relationships and gain their support and commitment to various initiatives/programs.
- Build business plan/solution and contingency plan in collaboration with the customer using information collected during the account discovery process to ensure plan meets customer needs.
- Solve issues that arise during execution in order to eliminate barriers.
- Develop customer call strategies to interact with buyers (coaches, gatekeepers) in order to gain access to senior level buyers.
- Coordinate implementation of agreed upon activities (e.g., trade shows, product training, regional workshops) within geographical responsibility in order to execute plan.
- Identify opportunities consistent with the objectives, priorities and strategies of assigned customers through discovery in order to prioritize potential focus area(s).
- 3+ years in professional sales in the education or related industries
- Bachelor's degree
- Able to travel
- Able and comfortable working in field (assigned territory) 90%+ of the time
- Customer Focus: Making customers (external and internal) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships; creating and executing plans and solutions in collaboration with the customer.
- Communicating Effectively: Conveying information and ideas in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner; providing information to ensure understanding; solicits input from the audience during the communication.
- Planning and Organizing: Establishing courses of action for self and/or others to ensure that work is completed efficiently in light of the strategies and destination of the department and/or organization.
- Exerting Personal Influence: Persuading others to support or agree with an idea, issue, or position.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles.
- Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Knowledge of the business: understands value from a customer perspective; stays informed; understands the organization; understands the educational market
- Building Value-Based Relationships: explores opportunities for relationships; identifies relationship needs; facilitated mutual agreement; develops credibility; maintains open lines of communication
- Frequent travel by automobile and airplane.
- Sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. when traveling and/ or carrying materials to and from sales meetings and destinations.
- Repetitive hand and wrist movements for frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Home office environment.
- Frequent traveling.
Teacher Created Materials is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.