Accounts Receivable Analyst - Manufacturer Rebates
This role is a hybrid role and aligned to the Bloomington, MN office or Morris Plains, NJ office. Qualified candidates must live within reasonable commutable distance to one of these office locations.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst (Manufacturer Rebates) maintains the AR subledger for an assigned portfolio of manufacturer accounts.
* Collection of balances owed by drug manufacturers. Direct follow up on delinquent payments.
* Provide direction for application of receipts for complex payers.
* As dictated by return coding of denied claims, facilitate research to confirm and resolve issues regarding validity of returns, book appropriate accruals, and evaluate continuous improvement opportunities to adjust invoicing process to reduce future instances.
* Facilitate adjustments to sub-ledger as required for accurate representation of accounts receivable.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
The position requires the ability to facilitate and lead discussions on complex topics with internal and external contacts.
The positions requires collaboration with cross-functional areas to meet hard deadlines and support the KPI’s of the manufacturer accounts receivable team.
Formal Education and/or Training:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field or equivalent work experience.
Years of Experience:
2-5 years relevant experience
Computer or Other Skills:
Strong Microsoft Office – Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Prior experience with large-scale ERP system (Oracle or JDE preferred).
Knowledge and Abilities:
* Strong financial acumen
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong analytical skills
* Strong negotiation skills
* Demonstrated integrity
* Ability to self-motivate and sustain performance with minimal supervision
* Comfortable independently presenting complex information to a varied professional audience
* Ability to perform at a high level and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
* Experience with Oracle Receivables Management & Billing (ORMB) a plus
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
About The Cigna Group
Doing something meaningful starts with a simple decision, a commitment to changing lives. At The Cigna Group, we’re dedicated to improving the health and vitality of those we serve. Through our divisions Cigna Healthcare and Evernorth Health Services, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our clients, customers and patients. Join us in driving growth and improving lives.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
The Cigna Group has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.