Entry Level Associate Forensic Engineer or Architect
YA Engineering Services (YAES) is a rapidly growing national multi-disciplinary forensic consulting firm that includes structural, mechanical, electrical, and geotechnical engineering services; architectural and building envelope investigative services; non-destructive testing services; seismic risk assessment services; materials analysis services; expert witness and litigation support services; and accident reconstruction services. YAES provides immediate response to new assignments, performs investigations in a timely manner, and provides comprehensive reports that are clear, concise, and backed by reasonable and sometimes complex analyses and recommendations. YAES offers a team of highly qualified, technically excellent engineering and architectural professionals who work seamlessly together to service the needs of our clients in the model of an engineering cooperative.
Seeking entry level Engineers and Architects excited to join the growing field of forensic engineering/architecture and learn the art of evaluating distress to existing buildings, structures and building envelopes. Team member will be responsible for assisting with investigative projects including coordinating with clients, performing site visits, managing resources, writing reports, conducting analyses, reviewing building codes, and developing repair drawings. This is a remote position. Ideally, candidates will reside in the following states: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, and New Mexico.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating with clients to set up site visits and complete deliverables.
- Manages project resources to ensure deadlines are met and projects stay on schedule.
- Analyzes project data, material properties and building codes and performs analyses to determine the most likely cause of distress to buildings and components.
- Assists in the production of project reports summarizing findings and conclusions.
- Assists with site visits to collect field data (i.e., documenting site conditions, photographing, measuring, sketching, etc.) on residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
- Researches and reviews and interprets relevant building codes and standards. .
- Assists in the development of repair drawings ensuring adequate coordination across disciplines.
- Collaborates with other team members on selection of analysis and testing methods, repair materials (if necessary), and identifying and selecting resources relevant to the project.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture required.
- Master’s degree is considered a plus.
- 1+ years previous work/internship experience is considered a plus.
- EIT certification preferred.