Human Resources Manager
Oceanit is a Mind to Market company that develops innovative solutions from fundamental science and engineering to delivering technologies and solutions that make the world a better place. Lead Oceanit’s Human Resources’ Talent Management from representing Oceanit’s culture and values in recruiting awesome talent, building brand awareness within the communities that we touch, and innovating ways of staff development and engagement.
- Preparation and execution of Human Resources’ long-term strategic plan, including budgeting, scorecard, policy development/implementation/communication, to ensure the growth and best interests of Oceanit.
- Serve as Oceanit’s Compliance Officer – EEO/Affirmative Action, Safety and Risk Management, Compensation/Benefits lead negotiation..
- Mentor management and staff in investigating and resolving employee relations critical issues, including performance, conduct and compliance.
- Interact with hiring managers in developing staffing plans, developing and executing recruitment strategies and outreaching to recruiting sources. Develop, coordinate and deliver engaging presentations to outreach and build partnerships with targeted Universities, technical groups, agencies and the community to broaden Oceanit’s network of affiliations. Source candidates using a variety of methods (including social media and established databases) to build a robust candidate pipeline. Daily review, and assess applications, interview, negotiate offers and collaborate with the Oceanit Hiring Teams to acquire and develop a talented workforce.
- Lead the staff development strategies and programs that will foster employee growth and build a positive and productive work environment and culture, while balancing business needs and requirements. Research and collaborate with vendors to develop content creation and platform/;methodology. Coordinate and conduct classroom and virtual classes. Oversee the intern program, including recruitment, selection and program development.
- Establish effective and cooperative working relationships/engagement built on trust within Oceanit and in the community to keep connected to the pulse of (current and future corporate and individual staff needs), as well as, the competitive landscape, including trends in the tech industry.
- High energy, positive outlook with a sincere passion to building the Tech industry in Hawaii. A track record demonstrating the ability to learn and understand technical job requirements in order to source and assess qualifications for Oceanit’s unique technical positions. Experience with designing, assessing, deploying and optimizing talent campaigns and initiatives.
- Five years of progressively advancing and demonstrated experience in human resources, community outreach, recruiting and retention activities. Three years of human resources management experienced preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in 3 or more Human Resources’ functions – employee relations and engagement, recruitment, retention, HR strategic management, training and development, compliance, human resources policies and operations (including HRIS and other HR tools/systems), EEO/AAP, compensation, benefits administration, safety and health.
- Experience with defining and presenting human resources metrics and implementing human resources’ initiatives resulting in productive deliverables and goal achievements.
- Experience in maximizing and reporting from HRIS systems, preferably in the JAMIS Humanic system.
- Strong emotional intelligence skills and the ability to accurately determine what type of cultural alignment and impact prospective candidates would have on our company.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust. A natural ability to connect with people.
- Superior verbal and written communication, client service and sales skills
- Excellent program management, prioritization, organization, event planning and time-management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Marketing, Engineering/Science and/or related technical field; masters’ degree and/or professional HR certification (PHR, SPHR) preferred.