Under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing, performs statistical forecasting, manages functionality within demand planning software, collaborates and challenges the inputs prior to determining appropriate forecasting and inventory levels to achieve optimum sales, while minimizing inventory levels.
Forecasting and Processing (40%)
- Develops, maintains, utilizes, and validates predictive models to forecast demand.
- Monitor demand forecasts and ensure accurate reporting and analysis of data.
- Analyzes trends based on seasons, promotions, and historical sales trends.
- Responsible for the overall accuracy of the statistical forecast.
- To assist in the development of forecasts for new product launches, expansions, life-cycle issues, and product supersessions/replacements, and phase out of obsolete products.
- Processes sales forecasting, insuring alignment with the manufacturing process capabilities.
· Develop and distribute timely forecast reports for all parties following month-end processing.
· Hold forecast planning meetings, Consensus meetings or Sales and Operation Planning (S&OP) meetings.
- Collaborates with other forecast stakeholders/participants (Sales, Marketing, and Finance, etc.) to challenge the inputs prior to determining final consensus forecast.
· Ability to communicate analysis, recommendations, and concepts with management team, including senior management, and coordinate work activities with diverse audiences.
· Ability to prepare and conduct presentations of analysis and recommendations to the management team.
Coaching and Development (10%)
- To serve as subject matter expert and super/power user within forecasting module. Possibly be responsible for training new hires in the department.
- Assist in and direct testing and maintenance of the system for upgrades, maintenance releases, and program fixes.
· Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
· Regular attendance is required for the position.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· Four (4) year college degree or equivalent in Marketing, Sales, Manufacturing, or General Business (Basic understanding of Statistics is helpful).
· Competencies: Analytical, detail oriented, critical thinking, process analysis, communication, business acumen, accuracy.
· At least five (5) years of experience in working with Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
· Understanding of the consumer, customer, internal and external market forces.
· Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit; use finger dexterity; use vision and hearing; use eye-hand coordination; frequently required to stand; walk; occasionally required to pull less than 25 pounds; lift 25-50 pound; carry 25-50 pounds; stair climb; bend; forward reach; overhead reach; grasp handle; seldom required to push; squat; kneel; stoop; crouch; twist; side bend.
· The position requires constant talking to co-workers; written communication to co-workers; talking on the telephone; supervising others; responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers; training/giving verbal instructions; writing/composing written language; reading; frequently requires talking to customers; written communication to customers
· Talking to outside trade persons/vendors; written communication to outside trade persons/vendors; receiving verbal instructions; receiving written instructions; occasionally visit/work at different worksites.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer