Packer (Night Shift)
Under the direction of the Production Managers, Supervisors, and Leads, works on various candy-making, related production and packaging lines and processes in the plant.
Production Line (100%)
· Picks up designated number of rows of candy from moving conveyor belt and place right side up into various size trays; place inserts and covers on boxes of candy.
· Selects and places nuts uniformly on designated number of chocolate rows on a moving conveyor belt; ensure chocolate covering on candy meets quality standards.
· Inspects and color-selects roasted nuts from a moving conveyor belt.
· Hand-scoops candy on moving conveyor belt; packs and weighs cartons; stacks and loads cartons for transport to packaging line; inspects machine wrapped cartons; marks and stacks boxes for storage.
· Accurately weighs cartons to meet the required weight limits for packaging.
· Loads trays, lids and unformed boxes and pads into machines; inspects machine-made cartons; marks and stacks boxes for storage; removes jams, resets machine and monitors flow of formed boxes.
· Regular attendance is required for the position.
· Cleans up production line and surrounding area after shift.
· Assists with off-season cleaning.
· Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· High school graduate or GED or equivalent work experience/training.
· TB certificate from a valid medical provider as required by the State of Hawaii, Dept. of Health.
· Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
· Ability to reach, grasp, handle at a machine-paced level of activity.
· Ability to read instructions in English at a high school level.
· Seldom: N/A
· Occasional: Squatting; stooping; crouching; kneeling; and stair climbing.
· Frequent: Pushing; pulling; standing; walking; sitting; climbing; bending; forward reaching; twisting; side bending; overhead reach; grasping; use of hands, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination; handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to lift 25 lbs., ability to push and pull 100 lbs., and talk or hear.
· Constant: Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Seldom: N/A
· Occasional: The position requires talking to outside trade persons/vendors; verbal communication to outside trade persons/vendors; supervising others; written communication to co-workers; training/giving verbal instructions; visiting/working at different worksites.
· Frequent: The position requires talking to co-workers; talking on the telephone; responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers; receiving verbal instruction; reading and receiving written instruction; writing/composing written language.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally in an office environment, production floor or warehouse and not exposed to weather conditions.
2) The noise level in the work environment is usually light; sometimes moderate in some of the production areas.
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer