Utility Worker (Night Shift)
Under the direction of the Production Managers, Supervisors, and Leads, performs work for production and packaging lines.
· Forms and loads shipping cartons; manually stacks and moves cased products.
· Provides logistical support for all production and packaging activities.
· Weighs, loads, mixes, and cooks ingredients to prepare candy and related products.
· Stacks and pallets products to finish-packaging line.
· Regular attendance is required for the position.
· Cleans up factory area; provides janitorial and maintenance support as needed.
· Assists with off-season cleaning.
· Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
· High school graduate or GED or equivalent work experience/training.
· TB certificate from a valid medical provider as required by the State of Hawaii, Dept. of Health.
· Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
· Ability to reach, grasp, handle at a machine-paced level of activity.
· Ability to read instructions in English at a high school level.
· Seldom: N/A
· Occasional: Squatting; stooping; crouching; kneeling; and stair climbing.
· Frequent: Pushing; pulling; standing; walking; sitting; climbing; bending; forward reaching; twisting; side bending; overhead reach; grasping; use of hands, finger dexterity; eye-hand-foot coordination; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; ability to lift 25 lbs., ability to push and pull 100 lbs., and talk or hear.
· Constant: Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Seldom: N/A
· Occasional: The position requires talking to outside trade persons/vendors; verbal communication to outside trade persons/vendors; supervising others; written communication to co-workers; training/giving verbal instructions; visiting/working at different worksites.
· Frequent: The position requires talking to co-workers; talking on the telephone; responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers; receiving verbal instruction; reading and receiving written instruction; writing/composing written language.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally in an office environment, production floor or warehouse and not exposed to weather conditions.
2) The noise level in the work environment is usually light; sometimes moderate in some of the production areas.
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer