Join Hawaii’s leading distributor of agricultural and industrial chemicals, fertilizer, and specialty products.
Under general supervision responsible for preparing and filing general excise tax filings, recording recurring and nonrecurring journal entries, and month-end financial close duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Maintenance of the General Ledger and preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, financial forecasts, annual budgets and/or reports.
2) Assist Payroll and Branch Operation personnel in interpreting and administering payroll procedures.
3) Receives disbursement requests and authorizes disbursements in accordance with policies and procedures.
4) Prepares monthly Profit & Loss (P&L), financial summary ratio reports for all departments and branches.
5) Reconciles G/L accounts such as accrued liability, reserves and pre-paid accounts.
6) Computes the annual import tax rate used for landed cost & informs departments.
7) Prepares journal entries for adjustments, transfers, reclassifications, and corrections.
8) Conducts and/or coordinates audits of company accounts. Performs bank reconciliation.
9) Prepares and records monthly recurring journal entries such as insurance, taxes, reserves, rents, loan amortization, fees, and other accruals.
10) Process daily address book revisions of customer, vendor, supplier information into JDE system.
11) Update address book records for new customers and suppliers as needed.
12) Audits sales commission reports.
13) Serves as main contact for credit hold releases on customer accounts. Reviews the customer account histories and determines whether to release the credit hold, or keep it in place until the outstanding balance returns to acceptable levels.
14) Prepares daily cash deposit, applies payment to customer accounts, and maintains A/R files.
15) Other duties as assigned.
1. Two years of college or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
2. Working knowledge of accounting principles and familiarity with general ledgers required.
3. Must be proficient with MS Excel and Word; JD Edwards, inventory and G/L
4. systems preferred.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Strong math skills to perform calculations with high degree of accuracy.
7. Detail oriented with excellent organization skills.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
1. Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
2. Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Floating holiday
- Paid day off for birthday
- Life insurance
- Free Parking