Internship - Solar Distribution - West Division
Internship Dates: 12 weeks (flexible start dates between January – December)
Job Type: Paid, No Benefits, office hours Monday-Friday, 30-40 hours per week
Are you interested in Solar Energy? Intern with Greentech Renewables, the nation’s largest solar equipment distributor! We specialize in solar PV and energy storage distribution for residential, commercial, and utility energy markets. We work business to business with solar companies and solar installers to provide the tools to design, finance, sell, and install solar PV and energy storage solutions. The company's core values of service, integrity, and reliability shape the way we do business but our true success stems from our people.
Our Internship is designed for candidates that are interested in business management and renewable energy. Our highly structured 12 week introductory course is paid and will provide a working knowledge of the industry by exposing candidates to all aspects of the solar field through a combination of mentoring and on the job training. Throughout the Internship, you will rotate through various departments learning warehouse operations, logistics, account management, purchasing, operations and more. Our interns will have the opportunity to work on special projects such as market sales or customer analysis, as well as, other projects custom designed by the management team and the intern. Upon completion, many interns are prequalified for our Management Trainee program, and become full-time employees.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Current, valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Authorization to work in the United States (without requiring work authorization sponsorship by CED now or in the future).
- Stellar time management and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter
- In your Junior or Senior year of college
- Self starter, detail oriented, and enjoys finding creative solutions to unique problems
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Learning all aspects of the Greentech business
- Communicating – both written and spoken – in English
- Learn the ins and outs of supply chain management in the solar industry
- Develop an understanding of the company operations and business philosophy
- Regular check in meetings with Mentors & Training Managers
- Learn our logistics process including shipping, receiving, freight claims, etc.
- Engage in pricing and availability discussions with team, customers, and vendors
- Special project related to candidate major
Greentech Renewables is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, age, or veteran status.