This position is part of Hawaiian Host Honolulu, Inc.
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic conducts preventive maintenance (PM) and performs troubleshooting on production equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications using measuring and testing instruments.
· Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments; repairs or replaces defective parts; installs special functional and structural parts in devices; starts equipment/machinery to test their performance.
· Examines form and condition of parts to detect defective or worn part; repairs and replaces defective parts.
· Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements, using basic mechanical, power, or hand tools, and other measuring instruments.
· Locates sources of problems by observing machinery in operation, listening for problems, and using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Follows PM program and maintains machinery and equipment by lubricating and cleaning parts as recommended by the manufacturer’s specifications.
· Anticipates needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
· Communicates with manufacturers and vendors to obtain estimates, and orders parts with manager’s approval.
· Fabricates machine parts by using machine shop equipment.
· Manages maintenance records and machine parts inventory.
· Responds to emergency maintenance requests.
· Regular attendance is required for the position.
· Maintains a clean and safe working environment by complying with policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Updates PM program as needed.
· Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· AA degree or equivalent experience.
· Three (3) years of technical training or equivalent experience with ability to use maintenance manuals & instructions.
· Three (3) years of experience repairing and servicing a variety of machinery/equipment.
· Ability to read electrical schematics to perform troubleshooting on food manufacturing equipment and other machinery.
· Good computer skills, including working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to present information.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs.
· TB clearance from a valid medical provider as required by the State of Hawaii, Department of Health.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; talk and hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
1) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not normally exposed to weather conditions.
2) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Hearing protections is required in areas where noise level is relatively high.
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer