Quality Assurance Technician (Night)
Under the direction of the Senior Quality Assurance Manager and directly reporting to the QA Supervisor, performs, creates, implements, and monitors Food Safety & Quality Assurance programs and activities to ensure compliance with company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices, including GMP, FSMA, and HACCP. Actively participates in the implementation of continuous product and process improvement initiatives.
· Performs incoming inspections for ingredients and packaging; conducts COA and gold standard reviews; Reviews supplier documentation for compliance.
· Conducts pre-operational line checks for production start-up including ATP swab & Allergen testing; line condition inspection; line release to production; employee GMP/hygiene inspections.
· Performs production process control line checks; verifies metal detector and x-ray operations; verifies net weight program, verifies chocolate tempering readings.
· Performs label control verification activities.
· Performs finished product positive pallet release procedures; maintains finished product retains.
· Performs finished product testing including sensory, chocolate bloom observations, and shelf-life studies.
· Performs facility daily GMP walk-throughs; Monitors temperature readings for equipment and facility; Monitors and reports on pest activity.
· Assists QA Supervisor in ensuring that sanitation duties and responsibilities are met according to the Master Sanitation Schedule and SSOP’s.
· Participates in Monthly GMP and Food Defense plant inspections, Environmental Monitoring Program swabbing, Finished product micro and chemistry testing, Internal audits, and Mock traceability exercises.
· Under QA Supervision, reviews and updates Food Safety and Quality SOP’s and forms, using the documentation control program.
· Reviews and files food safety and quality records; maintains QA Logs, trends QA Objectives and KPI’s.
· Assists in the execution of the QA Hold program and writing NCR’s.
· Regular attendance is required for the position.
· Works independently and as well as a team player. Required to work with and support all multi-disciplinary departments, including production, sanitation, maintenance, warehouse, and supply chain.
· Assist Technical Services with special continuous improvement projects, including the development of new products.
· Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in food science, food engineering, biology/microbiology, or chemistry. Equivalent experience in Food Safety & Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment also applies.
· Two (2) years related QA work experience in a food manufacturing environment is preferred.
· Ability to read, interpret, analyze and problem solve with attention to detail.
· Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently sit; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; taste and smell; and walk; and occasionally required to climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift, and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· The position may require visiting/working at different worksites; talking to co-workers and outside trade persons/vendors; written communication to co-workers and outside persons/vendors; responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers and vendors; reading; composing written language; receiving verbal instructions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally in an office/laboratory environment, production floor, or warehouse and not exposed to weather conditions.
2) The noise level in the work environment is usually light; sometimes moderate in some of the production areas.
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer