Social Media Intern
We have an exciting and dynamic opportunity for a talented Social Media Intern with a passion for the medical aesthetics industry. You will live, eat, and breathe all things social media, creative design, blogging, and marketing strategy. You will devise and lead a cutting-edge social media strategy in support of our strategic priorities and mission, helping to drive new patients in the door and making our current patients bigger fans of our amazing practice.
Education and Experience:
1. College classes in marketing, advertising, public relations, journalism, communication, or another relevant area.
2. 1-2 years of experience in social media and content marketing.
3. Med Spa and/or medical aesthetics industry experience preferred.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience designing, implementing, and managing social media marketing programs; measurement and analytics preferred.
2. Hands-on experience with social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and more.
3. Expertise in developing and using consistent brand voice across marketing channels.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Experience with additional digital marketing channels such as SEO, Website Management (CMS), CRM, and email marketing.
6. Adobe Suite or other comparable image and video design software.
7. Must be customer service oriented.
8. Effective organization skills with attention to detail.
9. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
10. Presents a highly professional image.
1. Marketing/Advertising Activities
· Be the voice of our practice’s social media channels. Lead conversations and oversee day-to-day community management (this includes reputation management by monitoring feedback, moderating comments, and responding to inquiries).
· Develop, maintain, and implement the social media and content strategic marketing plan, goals, and objectives.
· As part of the marketing plan, create social media content calendar to develop a cadence for social posts across all channels.
· Oversee campaigns, projects, and community management across various social media platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, and more.
· Research changing and evolving trends in social media platforms (eg, latest additions and changes with Instagram and Facebook features) and modify strategy accordingly.
· Build new audiences and increase visibility, impact, and awareness of our practice and mission while instilling pride and deepening engagement.
· Conduct research, monitor trends, and analyze success against goals and competitors while providing ongoing strategic recommendations.
· Responsible for graphic design and creative development for all marketing campaigns.
· Produce weekly blogs that highlight both our practice and industry trends; develop these blogs from keyword research to ensure more visitors to our site.
· Manage and update practice website to ensure effective and current practice promotion; also ensure timely fulfillment of information requests from patients.
· Design, produce, and distribute practice newsletter on a regular basis.
· Consult with physicians and practice administrator on a regular basis to develop and update marketing initiatives.
· Train relevant staff on social media best practices and get buy-in to use their own social media accounts to promote themselves.
· Facilitate weekly marketing meetings to update team on marketing program and deliverables.
· Perform other related duties to ensure effective communication and practice promotion.
This position is a paid internship that may convert to a permanent part-time or full-time position. Compensation will be determined by skills and experience of the applicant and scope and responsibilities of the position.