Quality Assurance Intern
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance (QA) Intern will assist with Quality Assurance programs and activities to ensure compliance with Company policies, food safety standards, government regulations, and industry best practices, including GMP and HACCP.
· Assists with conducting pre-operational line check for production prior to start-up, which includes ATP swab testing; general line condition monitoring; line release to production; and employee GMP/hygiene review.
· Assists with performing production line checks as designated; verifies metal detector and x-ray operations.
· Assists with monitoring and logging temperature readings for specific equipment throughout the production/warehouse areas.
· Assists with the QA Management Team in ensuring that sanitation duties and responsibilities are met according to standards.
· Assists with updating and maintaining records, files, and logs.
· Must be able to work independently and as well as a team player.
· Regular attendance is required for the position.
· Participates on various work teams as assigned.
· Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in food science or relevant major and currently enrolled.
· One (1) year of work experience is preferred.
· Ability to read, interpret, analyze and problem solve with attention to detail.
· Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently sit; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; taste and smell; and walk; and occasionally required to climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and lift, and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· The position may require visiting/working at different worksites; talking to co-workers and outside trade persons/vendors; written communication to co-workers and outside persons/vendors; responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers and vendors; reading; composing written language; receiving verbal instructions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally in an office environment, production floor, or warehouse and not exposed to weather conditions.
2) The noise level in the work environment is usually light; sometimes moderate in some of the production areas.
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer