Who We Are
At ProService Hawaii, we empower local businesses to succeed by offering a bundled solution to help employers hire, retain and manage their employees. As Hawaii's leader in HR outsourcing and administration for over 25 years, our clients get access to a full service solution for their HR needs, at an affordable cost. For more information about our purpose and solution, visit Proservice.com.
Becoming an employee of ProService means that becoming part of our #PROhana. As one of Hawaii's Best Places to work for 15 straight years, we strive to grow high performing people backed by our Employee Promises of freedom to grow, a #PROhana of amazing people, and opportunities to make your mark and affect change. To learn more about our culture, visit Proservice.com/career
The purpose of the Accounting Intern is to provide support in the accounting team's various daily functions. This role will be directly responsible for working closely with staff and senior accountants, accounting manager, and controller to ensure accurate GL closing and timely financial reporting. This internship is available for the 2023-2024 school year. Flexibility with the selected student's course load and schedule is provided.
- Assist with booking routine journal entries, performing account reconciliations (ACH/Checks) and other miscellaneous daily / weekly / month end GL tasks as directed by Senior Accountant.
- Assist with routine daily accounting tasks, which include AR/AP, banking transactions.
- Download bank statements and post payments and cash receipts.
- Active team participation including meetings, training, and cross training.
- Process banking transactions, such as Stop Payment instructions.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree Program (Junior/Senior status)Concentration in accounting is preferred.
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week, during our business hours of Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm is required.
- Prior Accounting related experience is a plus.
- Organization/Planning. Able to multi-task to deal with urgent client matters while also completing routine monthly activities. Able to work with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Integrity. Demonstrate fiscal responsibility over company assets.
- Independence. Able to effectively work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Team player. Prioritize team needs and goals / willing to dive in as necessary.
ProService Hawaii is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, and local law. ProService is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com or you may call us at 808-394-8878.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.