Regular Part Time Front Desk Program Assistant- Spalding Clubhouse
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Hawaii is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. The after-school hours have become a critical time for youth – a time when many children in our communities are left to fend for themselves without positive adult supervision. We provide a safe place filled with hope and opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adult mentors, and enriching programs.
Overview of the role
Under the direction of the Clubhouse Director, The Front Office & Program Assistant plays a critical role in the success of the organization. This individual must handle multiple demands, tasks and priorities with finesse and sound judgment. This position requires the ability to exercise independent judgment, handle confidential information and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Front Office & Program Assistant is responsible for the daily functions of the Clubhouse office which include but is not limited to staff scheduling, conducting meetings and clubhouse functions, budgeting for and purchasing office supplies. Overseeing the implementation of Clubhouse policies and procedures in the absence of the Clubhouse Director and Program Director. Assist in organizing and supervising daily implementation of assigned programs and activities that are consistent with the organization’s youth development goals, strategy and mission and with the organization’s core values.
Who you are
- On your resume. You have a high school diploma AND two years of administrative assistant, secretarial, and/or office experience OR you graduated from a business school or have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree AND one year of administrative assistant, secretarial, and/or office experience.
- You greet everyone with a smile, enjoy talking with others, and enjoy working in an environment where there are many children.
- You have the ability to operate a personal computer and use word processing and database management programs. You possess good grammar and punctuation.
- Self-Directed. You can work independently with limited supervision.
- Organized and detail-oriented. You have good filing skills and can work for prolonged periods of time at high levels of activity, managing multiple tasks with varying deadlines. You have the ability to write clear and concise reports, letters, memos, etc.
- You want to make a difference in the lives of our amazing youth. You come to the Clubhouse with purpose and drive that you share with those around you.
- You communicate and work effectively with those around you with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You are able to work flexible hours and days. You can take on issues as they arise and can work even in the face of frequent interruptions.
- You bring positive energy to the Clubhouse and understand that there is a balance between work tasks and having a good time.
What you’ll do
- Welcome and greet all who enter the Clubhouse: members, parents, volunteers, etc.
- Answer phone by the third ring, “Aloha Boys & Girls Club this is ____.”
- Manage KidTrax database: enter new members, renew expiring memberships by working 3 months out; enter program attendance information within 24 hours of the program
- Filing: Daily sign-in sheets, activity sheets, Requisitions, etc.
- Process Donations
- Close out money at the end of the day and complete Fee Reconciliation Form
- Process member payments including membership fees, card replacement fees, Intersession, and sports league fees
- Keep desk area clean and organized.
- Manage and order office supplies (paper, print cartridges, copy machine, etc.) and Clubhouse supplies (toilet paper, paper towels, soap, sani-wipes, etc.)
- Follow BGCH cash policies.
- Planning and implementing program activities with youths.
- Supervises program space, youths, and community partners.
- Assists with the supervision of all volunteers.
- Additional responsibilities-performs other duties as assigned to ensure the success of programs under their jurisdiction.
Discover why BGCH is the latest Best Place to Work in Hawaii:
- Lots of opportunities to grow!
- Community: work with inspiring and awesome co-workers. This is rated as the #1 reason BGCH employees love working at BGCH!
- Purpose: An opportunity to make the world a better place for those youth who need us the most!
- 19 days of PTO (full time) plus your Birthday Holiday! We offer PTO for part-time team members too!
- Up to 17 Paid Holidays a year!
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance (over 20 hours). Discounts are offered for your family too (employee to pay).
- Pension with an 8% match of your salary (after working a designated # of hours).
- Free Life Insurance (over 30 hours a week).
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
- Amazon Gift Card for your Anniversary! And a Starbucks Gift Card every year to buy a treat for your Birthday!
- BGCH Fun Days to be celebrated with your Club/department!
- BGCH is committed to Investing in Your professional Development!
To be a Part of BGCH culture, employees must be able to embrace and embody the following key values:
- Kindness and Aloha
- Integrity and Trust
- Highest Potential
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Growth Mindset
- You approach obstacles and challenges with Kindness and Aloha; this includes being patient and positive when working with others.
- You make decisions and choices with Integrity in everything that you do (especially when no one is looking).
- You work towards your own and your members’ Highest Potential at work. This includes working with your supervisor and coworkers in a collaborative and constructive way.
- A culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, is everyone's kuleana (responsibility). In a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture, everyone can be themselves and experience the full richness of the organization as no one feels the need to suppress who they are.
- A Growth Mindset means embracing a mindset that encompasses innovation, creativity, learning, collaboration, and being open to new, uncomfortable ideas and opinions different than your own, if it means doing things more efficiently or better.
We’re excited to hear from you! Fill out the application and upload your resume. We would love to hear how you would be a great fit for the BGCH Team.
Role: Front Desk Program Assistant
Reports to: Clubhouse Director
Location: Spalding Clubhouse
Hours: Regular Part Time, 30 hrs/wk
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Employment Opportunity is at the foundation of the Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii philosophy and policies. While there are laws governing the treatment of applicants and employees, BGCH is fully committed to following Equal Employment Opportunity because it is the right thing to do.
It is BGCH’s policy to employ qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, civil union status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, arrest or court record, credit history, veteran’s status, reproductive health decision, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, placement, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, recalls, leaves of absence, discipline, and termination.