Civil Design or Senior Civil Design Engineer
Use your civil engineering design skills to generate innovative ideas and solutions for projects to grow Oceanit’s business! Independently handle complex engineering activities, including the preparation of designs, construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and reports; evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, and use judgment in making modifications.
Oceanit is a Mind to Market company that develops innovative solutions from fundamental science and engineering to deliver technologies and solutions that make the world a better place. Since our founding in Hawai’i in 1985, Oceanit’s projects and products have addressed problems in diverse global markets such as energy, aerospace, healthcare, software & artificial intelligence, coastal & environmental engineering, optics & sensors, and more.
- Prepares design plans and specifications, engineering estimates, project schedules, engineering reports and other documents required for civil and coastal projects.
- Performs engineering design analysis and evaluations including hydrologic and hydraulics modeling and computations.
- Assists with preparation of environmental assessment documents and regulatory permit applications.
- Assists in construction management to oversees fieldwork and inspections.
- Analyzes and resolve engineering project operational concerns
- Represents Oceanit to the government and clients, to the local community and public at large, at industry meetings, conferences, and educational symposia.
- Nurtures customer acquisition and maintenance.
- Performs other tasks as needed.
THE EXPERTISE WE’RE SEEKING:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required. PhD or MS degree preferred.
· 5+ years (for Civil design) or 10+ years (for Senior Civil Design) civil engineering work experience. Experience in structural analysis and design a plus.
· Registered professional engineer possessing valid engineering license in the State of Hawaii.
· Demonstrated creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems.
· Track record of direct interaction with the Client for contract negotiations and scope development is a plus.