Network-PC Support Technician
Under general supervision of VP of IT, identifies problems, troubleshoots and provides advice to all users located on Oahu and neighbor islands. Installs, configures and maintains workstations and systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Directs the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet management and Company’s information needs.
2. Maintains the Company’s main IT business systems; includes monitoring of server health, planning for future expansion, installation of upgraded servers and data migration.
3. Maintains the Company’s network infrastructure including: security & Firewall systems, Gateway SPAM and Anti-Virus, wiring and wireless access points.
4. Maintains knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the Company.
5. Performs backups & upgrades. Handles activation & de-activation of workstation & communication systems for all users. Maintains security system to ensure safeguard of hardware and software components.
1. Minimum 2 years’ experience in technical support. 4-year college degree in Computer Science or Management Information System desired.
2. Demonstrated competence with Windows Server, Windows 7, 10, Mac OS X Server, RedHat LINUX, Apple iOS, Android, IBM iSeries, Mail Server Technologies, local and wide area networks.
3. Programming experience helpful. BASIC, PHP, HTML, Python
4. Database experience with MySQL/SQL.
5. Troubleshooting aptitude required.
6. Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required.
7. Must be able to work independently.
8. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
9. Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.