Under the direction of the Sales Manager – Hawaii, the Sales Merchandiser provides stocking, maintenance and monitoring in all aspects of merchandising for the sales department and acts as a liaison between the Company and our customers.
· Uses own vehicle to merchandise products at assigned locations.
· Stock, maintain and monitor all aspects of merchandising, including but not limited to stocking customer shelves, ensuring proper placement, rotation, pricing of products, setting up of displays, etc.
· Assists sales team with their accounts and coordinates own work duties.
· Accurately maintains a work log, which accounts for activities and driving time between accounts.
· Maintains good customer relationships with store management and associates by providing regular service to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Works independently and as well as a team player.
· Regular attendance is required for the position.
· Assists in schematic resets and other sales activities and projects.
· Performs work in a clean, neat, and safe manner.
· Performs all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· High School graduate or GED or equivalent work experience.
· One (1) year merchandising or related work experience.
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Valid motor vehicle driver’s license and use of reliable, personal vehicle.
· Associate Degree in a business field preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear and occasionally required to climb stairs and ladders; operate a hand truck, stocking cart or other hauling equipment; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or push/pull/move up to 50 lbs. and may occasionally taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The position requires visiting/working at different worksites; talking to co-workers and outside trade persons/vendors; written communication to co-workers and outside persons/vendors; responding to written or verbal requests of co-workers and vendors; reading; composing written language; receiving verbal instructions.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions while driving. Most of the job duties will be performed indoors.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually light.
Hawaiian Host Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer