Public Notice for Direct Hire -Medical Professional
The CDC utilize Direct Hire Authority to fill vacancies in a variety of occupations. The vacancy is a REPOSITORY of applications. Applications may be periodically referred to hiring managers both during the open period and after the closing date. Because of the large number of applications anticipated, applicants' status will not be updated.
This public notice covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional medical work. Duties and responsibilities vary and may increase according to the grade level and series of the position.
This public notice will be used to fill Medical positions listed below at the following grade levels.
Medical Officer, GS-0602. All grades
Nurse, GS-0610, All grades
Pharmacist, GS-0660. All grades
Veterinary Medical Officer, GS-0701. Grades 11-15
Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- All qualification requirements must be met upon submission of application.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Re-employed Annuitants may be considered to fill vacancies. If you have retired from federal service and are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet via http://intranet.cdc.gov/hro/docs/jobs/NDAA-Reemployed-Annuitants.pdf
- This position can be filled at any grade level.
- Bargaining Unit Position: May be a bargaining unit position
- This position may be subject toa OGE Financial Disclosure CDC Financial Disclosure-The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
- Due to positions being filled at multiple grade levels and locations, you may be subject to initial and random drug testing.
- This position may be subject to a Background/Security Investigation.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be authorized.
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized.
- This public notice may be used to fill supervisory or manager positions.
- May be subject to 1 year supervisory or managerial probationary period
- Some positions will be filled as permanent or term appointments.
Basic Qualification: The link to the OPM qualification standard are listed below.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower GS level in which you are applying for.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Current or Former Political Appointees: Agencies must seek prior approval from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) before they can appoint a current or recent political appointee to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you MUST disclose that to the Human Resources Office. Failure to disclose this information could result in disciplinary action including removal from Federal Service. Current or Former Political Appointees: Submit SF-50.
In accordance with Executive Order 12564 of September 14, 1986, The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is A Drug-Free Federal Workplace. The Federal government, as the largest employer in the Nation, can and should show the way towards achieving drug-free workplaces through programs designed to offer drug users a helping hand, and at the same time demonstrating to drug users and potential drug users that drugs will not be tolerated in the Federal workplace. The use of illegal drugs, on or off duty, by Federal employees is inconsistent not only with the law-abiding behavior expected of all citizens, but also with the special trust placed in such employees as servants of the public. All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and be subject to random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug testing upon hiring. Appointment to the position will be contingent upon a negative applicant drug test result.
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications.
The salary listed is Rest of U.S. Locality pay will be adjusted to reflect location after selection. If selected, you will be required to sign a Statement of Understanding (SOU) for negotiable location requirements. Find more information on locality and pay scales. Salary may be adjusted to include a Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) of 2.86% for Anchorage, Alaska, 10.28% for Honolulu, Hawaii, and 3.13% for Puerto Rico.
This position is being filled through Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/
Recruitment and/or relocation incentives may be authorized.
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov).
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
By applying, you agree to have your application shared with interested selecting official(s) at HHS. Clearance of CTAP/ICTAP will be applied for similar positions across HHS.
This is a highly competitive vacancy with a limited number of openings available. When a need exists, applications will be reviewed to determine if you meet the job requirements. Applications will be rated based on the information provided in the resume and responses to any vacancy questions to determine level of knowledge, skill and ability related to the job requirements. If you are among the top candidates for this position, your application will be referred to the hiring manager.
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your résumé showing name, work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (month/year) of employment and duties performed. (If you are a current or former Federal employee provide your pay plan, series and grade in your resume, i.e., GS-0301-9).
Do not include the following types of information in your profile or resume:
- Classified or government sensitive information
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Photos of yourself
- Personal information, such as age, gender, religious affiliation, etc.
- Encrypted and digitally signed documents
2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program/Career Transition Assistance Program documentation, if applicable (e.g., Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal).
*Note: You may submit an unofficial transcript or a list of college courses completed indicating course titles, credit hours, and grades received. An official transcript from an accredited educational institution is required if you are selected for the position.
Failure to submit any of the above mentioned required documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
For Résumé and Application Tips visit: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Tips.
How to Apply
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT and will remain open until 01/23/2024.
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 01/23/2024 of this announcement to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.If you cannot apply online:You are encouraged to apply online. If you are unable to apply online, please use the following link: Alternate Application. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online if at all possible. Applying online, through your USAJOBS account, will expedite the application process and allow you to check your application. If you utilize the Alternate Application method, your USAJOBS account will not display this application and you will not receive status updates.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Program(CTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. Displaced federal employees must be well qualified to exercise selection priority for this vacancy.
To view the questionnaire, click on the following link:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11793876