HT&T Truck Center is Hawai’i’s largest full-service dealership for heavy and medium-duty trucks, and the sole Hawai’i authorized dealer for the Peterbilt, Isuzu, Autocar and McNeilus brands. For over 60 years, HT&T’s mission has been to assist customers in becoming successful in their unique transportation needs. We provide customized service for truck purchases, parts, service and maintenance. We are currently looking for a Mechanic to join our ohana. This is a Union position with the Operating Engineers.
The essential functions of the position are as follows:
- Responsible for adhering to all safety practices and procedures while performing tasks in all work areas.
- Diagnoses medium to heavy duty vehicle mechanical problems and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs simple to complex jobs as assigned, depending on experience.
- Performs other duties as required.
The qualifications for this position are as follows:
- Ability to read and write English in order to follow instruction manuals for directions regarding adjustments and repairs.
- Have basic knowledge of medium and heavy duty vehicle mechanics and be able to identify, use and care for common hand tools of the trade.
- Must possess his/her own tools.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Diesel repair experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $42.20 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance