Reports to: Controller
1. Job Purpose/Objective
This position will Supervisor and direct the work of the billing team in all daily ensuring the proper and accurate processing of billing to customers. The billing supervisor must establish a process to ensure all billable items are captured and billed within stated billing terms for each client. Develop, implement, and monitor guidelines for controls and procedures to ensure billings are accurate, valid, complete, timely and properly approved.
2. Essential Job Functions
- Oversee and supervise the Billing staff, including training to efficiently and effectively perform duties assigned.
- Maintain positive work environment.
- Monitor Billing procedures and adhere to, including reconciliations, etc.
- Ensure accuracy of billings
- Check for timeliness and completeness (e.g., month-end revenue accrual JE’s are posted as required)
- Meet all month-end closing and audit deadlines
- Seek ways to streamline billing
- Work closely with operations/reservations managers to ensure controls, procedures, reconciliations and document flow is being adhered to for proper billing.
- Work with customers to resolve discrepancies so invoices are accurate, proper and adequate to promote efficient collections
- Ensure timely issuance of billing so payment can be received in suitable time frame
- Manage multiple projects/tasks concurrently
- Work with department managers and vendors to minimize operational disruptions (discontinued services due to non-payment).
- Prepare audit work papers for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Assist in special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
3. Essential Skills (Minimum qualification individual must possess when entering position) – i.e. skillsets, education, certifications, etc.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) and five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College Degree, Business or Travel Industry degree desired but not required.
- Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses technology to improve productivity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Must be an excellent communicator, good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback, and handles constructive feedback.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to utilize/manipulate programs – create spreadsheets and formulas, create charts, merge program data.
4. Working Conditions / Job Environment
- Air-conditioned office
- Desk, chair, computer, and phone
- Standing and typing for a sustained period of time.
- General office equipment and supplies
- Exposure to potential eye and muscle strain due to constant use of computer.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Walking, standing, kneeling, bending, pulling, pushing
- Light lifting and carrying (40+ pounds)
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make fine discriminations in sound.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and expansive reading.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.