Application Development Senior Advisor - Evernorth - WORK FROM HOME
In this role, the individual will get to implement software engineering solutions and best practices. The individual must have excellent analytical and technical skills. The individual will be expected to participate in the collaborative architectural refinement, software design and realization of products that support the strategic technology needs for our organization. We’re looking for a person that has a breadth of knowledge in computer science, a problem solving mentality and a desire to learn.
This person should be comfortable working within a technical capacity across many sectors including core development on platform, data processing and report generation. The individual will be working in a team that demands technical excellence and whose members are expected to hold each other accountable in the overall success of the programs. Our team focuses on the delivery of innovative solutions to complex problems.
This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation.
* The ideal candidate is a hands-on Technical Lead that can roll up their sleeves when needed, and enjoys being involved in solution designs.
* As a tech lead, you should have a broad range of development technologies in your background (such as Java, Python, SQL, APIs, GCP/AWS/Azure, etc.) and have the ability to champion existing technology stack in our platform.
* Create Proof of concepts, innovate and integrate cloud-based software in a continuous delivery environment.
* Lead and mentor a full-stack team to meet the demands of a fast-growing company for award-winning CRM deliveries. Lead multiple activities including but not limited to data models, http and web socket APIs, partner integrations, cloud infrastructure.
* Partner with other tech leads and architects to design, document, develop, debug, and deployment of codebase while addressing security, cross-browser, and cross-platform concepts.
* Actively Participate in technical committee meetings to reach architecture and framework decisions.
* Pair programming with other developers as needed, and actively communicate with Product Managers and architects in a cross functional team.
* Provide analysis and innovative methods to enhance and extend the product services to a broad customer base including government and commercial customers.
* Build and maintain a strong partnership with external stakeholders that interact with the company.
* Troubleshoot production issues quickly and efficiently to ensure a productive workplace.
* Understand and implement best practices for data protection and privacy.
* Potential travel for quarterly PI planning (5-25%)
* 10+ years of diverse Technology experience with a minimum of 6 years of experience in Software development with Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent trade.
* Hands on experience with Agile software development methodology and understands SAFe Agile framework and principles.
* Strong Experience with both frontend and backend technologies such as Python, React, Teradata, Hadoop, Oracle, SQL Server.
* Must have hands on experience in software design principals.
* Hands on experience with event based architectures and real time messaging services such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Kinesis and the likes.
* Must have experience with any of the top 3 public clouds: AWS (preferred), Azure or GCP.
* Experience with Tableau, Health Care and/or Pharmacy systems is a plus.
* Excellent analytical skills, solid troubleshooting experience with excellent teamwork ability.
* Demonstrated history of sound communication and collaboration abilities in a highly matrix environment.
* Should be organized and detail-oriented and a team player.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of 105,600 - 176,000 USD / yearly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.