Business Analytics Associate - Evernorth
Imagine waking up knowing you’re about to embark on a day’s work to make healthcare more affordable, simple, predictable and accessible to millions. At Evernorth, we’re serious about taking meaningful and intentional actions every day to accomplish just that.
We’re seeking our second early-career cohort of ultra-talented and driven individuals who find purpose in running toward and tackling real world challenges. Join a team that transforms data into actionable intelligence that helps break down barriers to care, reduces costs, and enables our customers to live their best life.
We need critical thinking consultative minded leaders, just like you, who have a passion for curating data into compelling stories that give rise to action.
If your passions are to help turn our mission and vision into a reality – then we need you to help us blaze these new frontiers!
Together, we will make a difference for many!
What You’ll Do:
As an Analytics Associate you will help influence a $4 trillion healthcare economy for the better.
You’ll partner with our local market network contractors, clinical teams, and executives to ensure our contract underwriting process appropriately:
* Values the puts and takes of a contract negotiation, while valuing total cost and impacts on our local market medical cost trends
* Conveys our relative competitive position and how the deal influences our ability to touch more lives and improve access to care
* Guides our teams to understand our long-term cost improvement strategy and shepherd the next best action
Additionally, you will:
* Cultivate local market relationships – supporting them in a shared services analytics capacity
* Define, pull, and validate data needs - diving deep to infer meaning and uncover insightful data trends that inform local market decisions
* Tell compelling stories – distil complex subject matters into simple stories that give rise to action
* Facilitate contract underwriting process - provide timely and accurate perspectives on contract terms and ways to optimize deal structures
* Routine engagement with local market leadership, clinical teams, and network contractors to hear perspectives on things happening on the ground and offer suggestions of areas to investigate, based on your data discoveries
* Assess competitive landscape - leverage comparative market data points to offer suggestions on how to drive meaningful improvements in healthcare costs
* Partake in a Structured Programing Experience
Formal onboarding events to accelerate your knowledge of the healthcare industry, our role in it, and how we can have the most meaningful impacts on it through our work Learn how provider contracts are structured and negotiated Multi-week HealthCare, Cigna, Digital and Analytics, US Medical & Provider Network Analytics, and Contracting 101 trainings, structured fieldwork, mentorship and coaching (led by division’s Chief of Staff) Assignment to support a local market team to put your learnings to practical use Cadenced Learning series to build business acumen and focus on learning the business
Opportunities to grow and develop through quarterly social and networking events.
This position is with Evernorth, a new business within the Cigna Corporation. This is a Work from Home position.
* Someone who relates to the world, through data - without data, you feel lost
* Mission and Purpose driven - you want to make healthcare more affordable, predictable, and simple
* Creative and naturally curious - you're constantly looking for ways to add-value you can't help but get immersed in the challenge of uncovering insightful data patterns
* Objective, logical, and fact oriented – you’re rationale in your data discovery
* Self-starter - you enjoy working with minimal supervision and thrive off independence to enable value in your own ways
* Ability to make sound decisions and piece together puzzles with limited direction – you’re your own leader
* Excited to assemble materials and present to audiences with poise and authority – you have a knack for captivating audiences
* Highly fluent with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint - your friends look to you when they're stuck
* Enjoys prospect of delivering win-win-win outcomes for Cigna, our Provider Partners and Patients
* Cumulative GPA 3.5+
* Preferred Areas of Study: Business / Accounting / Consulting, Economics, Mathematics, Healthcare Administration, Data and Analytics, or other related fields of study
* Recent graduates with 0 – 3 years of work experience or those slated to graduate on or before Spring 2023
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of 70,400 - 117,400 USD / yearly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.