Terminal Systems And IT Manager
Terminal Systems And IT Manager
Information Technology Honolulu, Hawaii
Position at Hawaii Stevedores, Inc.
Information for California residents about our collection and use of job applicant personal information can be found here: Privacy Practices
The Terminal Systems and IT Manager provides day-to-day hands-on support to the organization's end user laptops, desktops, mobile devices, applications, and new technology in conjunction with local processes, practices, and equipment.
• Manage technology research, projects, and implementations for Hawaii Stevedore (HSI) and Hawaii Terminal (HTI) locations.
• Interface directly with internal/external customers and various departments.
• Provide and perform LAN support, break/fix, software/hardware upgrades, patch management, Anti-Virus management, image management, application installs, user support and training.
• Troubleshoot user desktop issues to resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive service requests from users having problems using computer software and hardware or inquiring how to use specific software, electronic mail, or operating systems and technologies.
• Respond to support requests via phone, email, or in person in a professional, confident, and courteous manner. Evaluate the nature of problem, determine root cause including issues related to hardware such as modem, printer, cables, or telephone. Formulate diagnosis and assist users through problem solving steps.
• Liaison with corporate IT Services on local projects, concerns, maintenance, etc.
• Work with local management to research, develop, and implement processes related to systems management and technology integration.
• Provide technical support to customers answering technical inquiries, diagnosing reported problems or configuration issues, recommending solutions, escalating when appropriate and following issues through to resolution.
• Lead technical projects such as the research, proposal and implementation of new software and hardware products, including procedural documentation at all HSI/HTI locations.
• Educate users on casual as well as formal classroom-training basis about new and more effective ways to use their computing resources.
• Develop and track local hardware and software procurement requests from users to corporate IT Services. Provide technical support. Troubleshoot, configure, install, and deploy workstations, laptops, printers, computer peripherals, smartphones, OCR, RFID, and other related equipment for all HSI/HTI locations.
• Research and contribute technical resolutions and process improvement via interaction in technical and procedural discussions with knowledge-based documentation.
• Recommend and perform hardware and software installs and upgrades.
• Test software and hardware for functionality prior to deployment to evaluate ease of use, functionality errors and whether product will aid user in performing work. Report and issues to assist with resolution.
• Write software and hardware evaluations and recommendations for management review.
• Write and revise user-training manuals and procedures.
• Develop training materials including exercises and visual displays.
• Perform preventive maintenance.
• Deploy and support wireless devices including iOS, Android, RFID, and Windows mobile devices.
• Support enterprise applications.
• Setup and support VPN accounts.
• Manage and support Anti-Virus applications.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or equivalent (HSED) required
• Associates degree in Computer Science or related course of study preferred
Required Licenses and Certifications
• Valid state-issued driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) required within 60 days of hire
Preferred Licenses and Certifications
• Microsoft and/or Dell certifications preferred
Required Work Experience
• 3+ years of related experience in transportation/shipping industry or similar field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to communicate clearly with excellent verbal, written, and listening skills.
• Ability to work individually as well as a valued participant in a team based environment.
• Applied knowledge of the principles of rational systems used to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with tact and discretion.
• Ability to promote best-practices.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency with SharePoint, Access, and Outlook preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, AND TRAVEL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hear and speak with sufficient clarity to understand and engage in telephonic information exchange; hear and understand verbal instructions; give and receive information verbally in person or via communication device - Often
Walk/travel within office environment, crouch/bend to access floor-level storage - Often
Use hands/fingers to operate office equipment, type/complete data input, write - Often
Reach with hands, arms; lift, move and manipulate objects weighing up to 40 pounds - Regularly
Sight sufficient to read instructions, documents, and screen-based information - Often
Use hands/fingers to manipulate and file documents, folders, small objects - Regularly
This role requires work that may involve the following environmental conditions:
• Corporate office environment
• Vessel and terminal environment - includes moving, shifting surfaces, and active production areas including moving vehicles, equipment, and machinery.
Est. Amount Brief Description
15% Must be able to travel independently to other corporate locations.
Builds High-Performing Teams Selects, organizes, and motivates colleagues to work together in a committed way to achieve a common mission and ensures a pipeline of talent for the future.
Delivers Results Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organization performance.
Engages & Inspires Others Leads with energy, self-confidence and understanding in ways that motivate colleagues to achieve more than they thought possible.
Focuses on the Customer & Market Continuously evaluates what is important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
Makes Sound Business Decisions Makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
Partners Across Boundaries Works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues throughout the company toward the common good of The Pasha Group.
Practices our Values Supports and models The Pasha Way; conduct reflects Excellence, Honesty, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork.
Driving Record Review:
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The information included in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive or exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Pasha Group family of companies are EOE/AA Employers – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/and other Protected Categories