Equipment Utilization and Control Coordinator
Equipment Utilization And Control Coordinator
Support Services Irving, Texas
Position at Pasha Hawaii Holdings, LLC
Information for California residents about our collection and use of job applicant personal information can be found here: Privacy Practices
About The Pasha Group
Serving customers since 1947, The Pasha Group is a family-owned diversified global logistics and transportation services company. The Pasha Group’s Mission is to be a leader in providing customized, cost-effective and profitable value-added services to the automotive, maritime, and relocation industries through the integration of Pasha’s network of global logistics entities and strategic partners. Our continuing investment in our employees, technology, facilities and equipment enhances our productivity, leading to increased quality and profitability, for Pasha and for our customers, whose satisfaction is fundamental to our business. Our name stands behind every move.
Why work at The Pasha Group?
Our culture fosters individual talent, mutual trust and lifelong learning. We support our people so they can master their career journeys, go further, reach higher, and realize their greatest potential.
- Various career paths
- Career development
- Flexibility and Hybrid work schedules
- Digital learning platform with tuition reimbursement
- Serving communities where we work and live
Compensation and benefits for full time positions:
- Competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance programs
- Employer Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Commuter benefit program
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401K with a Profit Sharing Plan
- Wellness Program
- Employee discount programs
- Paid Volunteer Time at Company-Sponsored Events in the Community
Here's more about the job:
The Equipment Utilization & Control Coordinator position an excellent opportunity that offers you the chance to explore and learn what it’s like working for a global transportation and shipping company in the Dallas, TX area. Apply for this great opportunity today!
The Equipment Utilization and Control Coordinator supports container and equipment asset tracking, utilization, and control throughout the nationwide transportation network.
- Coordinate tracking, equipment control, asset utilization, repositioning and equipment disposal, and equipment acquisition.
- Ensure consistent, cost effective, and timely delivery of accurate equipment.
- Support the full equipment cycle from inquiry to successful delivery meeting all service requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support equipment on-hiring, off-hiring, and container sale programs.
- Prepare and publish weekly container repositioning plans and cost report.
- Prepare, and provide reports to business unit leaders on equipment utilization, aging equipment, expediting and other measures.
- Support coordination with vessel operations as needed.
- Provide guidance to Honolulu operations regarding reuse, return, and off-hire of equipment destined for Hawaii.
- Prepare and distribute instructions to United States West Coast (USWC) terminals regarding reuse and disposal of Pasha equipment including vessel discharge.
- Work with inland container yards regarding storage and repair requirements for containers.
- Work with chassis provider to manage chassis imbalance.
- Participate in the annual budget process and provide oversight to the empty repositioning budget and reporting of same.
- Collaborate with other business units on key performance indicator (KPI) measures regarding equipment.
- Collaborate with maintenance and repair to provide input as to repair priorities, to develop damage trends related to locations, type of cargo, customers and to minimize repair costs while providing for safe and efficient supply of equipment to our customers.
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements of Network Operations’ guidelines, processes and policies related to equipment.
- Implement and maintain business processes that support proper equipment tracking and reporting.
- Collaborate with the Transportation team on the creation of policies and selection of systems for equipment delinquency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent (HSED) required
- Associates degree in Business, Transportation/Logistics, or equivalent combination of coursework and experience in directly-related field preferred
Required Work Experience
- 2+ years’ related container shipping or marine terminal experience
Preferred Work Experience
- Related experience in equipment, leasing, and marine terminal operations (Gate, CY, Rail, Vessel) preferred
- Experience and knowledge of port operations and container yard (CY) operations for rail and marine transportation preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in transportation, logistics and container yards.
- Knowledge and application of best practices relating to equipment, leasing and container yards.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey information effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to identify complex problems and use logic and reasoning to review related information to develop and evaluate options, conclusions, and implement solutions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, determine resource requirements and necessary sequence of activities needed to achieve goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, AND TRAVEL
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hear and speak with sufficient clarity to understand and engage in telephonic information exchange; hear and understand verbal instructions; give and receive information verbally in person or via communication device - Often
Walk/travel within office environment, crouch/bend to access floor-level storage - Often
Use hands/fingers to operate office equipment, type/complete data input, write - Often
Reach with hands, arms; lift, move and manipulate objects weighing up to 20 pounds - Regularly
Sight sufficient to read instructions, documents, and screen-based information - Often
Use hands/fingers to manipulate and file documents, folders, small objects - Regularly
This role requires work that may involve the following environmental conditions:
- Corporate office environment
- Workdays and hours may vary to accommodate operations.
The Pasha Group is an EOE/AA Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/and other Protected Categories.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
The information included in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive or exhaustive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
The Pasha Group family of companies are EOE/AA Employers – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/and other Protected Categories