Executive Assistant - Human Resources
At Hawaiian Electric we are serving the energy needs of each person in Hawaii with purpose, compassion, empathy and Aloha for our fellow humans and our natural environment. Acting with boldness and urgency without fear of failure, our highest priority is to build a sustainable Hawaii in which our children and grandchildren, communities, our customers, and employees will thrive, together.
If this speaks to your desire for purpose, we are seeking an Executive Assistant to join our Human Resources team at Hawaiian Electric.
Applications will be screened based on the information provided; in order to assist us in determining qualifications, please upload a current resume and take some time to update your employment information, certifications, etc., on your Employee Profile before continuing. The information will flow over to your Candidate Profile. If no updates need to be made to your profile, please continue to submit your application.
BRIEF POSTING DESCRIPTION:
The Human Resources Department at Hawaiian Electric Company has a vacancy available. (Role: Non-Exempt)
Provides advanced, professional, flexible, and administrative support to more than one divisions/departments. Demonstrates superior customer service, establishes relationships and credibility with Process Area staff to provide support and guidance.
- Provides advanced, flexible support to more than one Divisions/Departments, including, but not limited to the following: initiates and responds to correspondence, as appropriate; assists with appointment and meeting schedules; maintains confidential files and division records; and assembles and compiles data from Company and external sources for correspondence, reports, presentations, meetings, etc.
- Coordinates, plans, and leads special projects, initiatives, and events.
- May assist in maintaining budget, cost, forecast and/or similar records. May prepare, monitor, investigate variances, and update the budget as needed. Coordinates division response for budget updates and officer briefing meetings. Assists with the development and preparation of rate case/regulatory materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in Company emergency response activities as assigned, including any activities required to prepare for such emergency response.
- Thorough knowledge of general office procedures and methods.
- Working knowledge of general business practices.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and forecasting process.
- Working knowledge of personal computers and related software applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, presentations, etc.
- Knowledge of legislative, operational, and regulatory processes helpful.
- Ability to carry self with professional decorum appropriate in dealings with senior and executive level personnel from inside and outside the Company.
- Ability to prepare effective presentations and reports using office equipment, personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbally and in written communication.
- Analytical, organizational, and conceptual skills to assess the demands of the job and to recommend proper actions.
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to rapidly changing and coincident priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential matters and materials discreetly and professionally.
- Ability to perform successfully in a demanding environment.
- Multiple years (5‑7) of general office experience, preferably 3-5 years in an advanced administrative or executive assistant role.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Ali'i Place – Oahu
Hiring Range: The hiring range for the Executive Assistant [Req ID 7802] position is $61,000.00 to $76,200.00. The person selected will be placed according to his/her skills and qualifications. The hiring supervisor is Jacqueline Ingamells.
Interested individuals who are employees of affiliate companies should apply online. The application must clearly indicate the demonstrated experience/knowledge/skills/abilities the candidate possesses which specifically qualifies him/her for the position.
Should there be no candidates with this experience, the company may consider applicants without such experience who meet the knowledge/skill requirements. If such a candidate is hired, he or she will initially be placed on a development plan commensurate with his/her education and experience level.
By submitting an application for the position, candidates:
1. Authorize the Hawaiian Electric Companies to confirm all statements contained in the application and/or any materials submitted and made a part of the application as they relate to the position and to the extent permitted by law;
2. Authorize and consent to, without reservation, the Hawaiian Electric Companies sharing any and all information regarding previous or present employment, educational training or personal information from their records and from any other source with the hiring department or subsidiary company;
3. Release, discharge, and hold harmless, Hawaiian Electric Companies, from any and all liability for any damage which may be claimed as a result of furnishing such information to the hiring department or subsidiary company;
4. Authorizes release and transfer of all personnel records to be maintained by the hiring company in the event of an inter-company transfer; and
5. Authorize, direct, and consent to Hawaiian Electric Companies and/or its authorized agents to conduct investigations into candidates' background. These investigations may include, but are not limited to searches for information about applicants; record of criminal convictions to the extent permitted by law, education records, professional certifications, personal character references, and employment history.
Hawaiian Electric Companies is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. We actively seek diversity among our employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity/expression), ancestry/national origin, disability, marital status, arrest and court record, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws. We further encourage individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply.
Hawaiian Electric Companies complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any request for reasonable accommodation needed during the application process should be communicated by the candidate to the HR Service Center at (808) 543-4848.
Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc., Maui Electric Company, and Hawaii Electric Light (“Company”) are Hawaii Public Utilities Commission (“PUC”) regulated companies. The disclosure relating to Affiliate Transaction Requirements that follows is made pursuant to the PUC’s Decision and Order No. 35962, issued on December 19, 2018, and subsequently modified by Order No. 36112, issued on January 24, 2019 in Docket No. 2018-0065.
By submitting your application, you understand and acknowledge that, if you are hired by the Company and subsequently transferred, assigned or otherwise employed by an Affiliate, said Affiliate will be required to make a one-time payment to the Company in an amount up to twenty-five percent (25%) of your base annual compensation.
In addition, if you are hired by the Company and subsequently transferred, assigned or otherwise employed by an Affiliate or an Affiliate-Related Entity, for a period of one year, you cannot appear in negotiations or otherwise interact directly with the Company or work on the same matter that you worked on while with the Company.
Affiliate is defined as “any person or entity that possesses an ‘affiliate interest’ in a utility as defined by section 269-19.5, Hawaii Revised Statutes (“HRS”), including a utility’s parent holding company, except as otherwise provided by HRS section 269-19.5(h).”
Affiliate-Related Entity is defined as “a third party that provides electricity-related services in a regulated utility’s service territory that has a material financial, operational, or ownership interest with an unregulated affiliate of the utility and of whom the utility has reasonable knowledge.”
For a current list of all Affiliates and Affiliate-Related Entities, please see:
This list may be amended, updated or revised from time to time without notice.