Interdisciplinary Engineer/Naval Architect
Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard and IMF (PHNSY & IMF), the largest industrial employer in the State of Hawaii with over 7000 civilian, contractor and military employees, is in the business of repairing and modernizing naval ships and submarines. Our engineers, from a variety of disciplines, are involved in the planning and supervision of highly challenging work of providing technical guidance through written work procedures and on-the-job direction of the workforce. On a day-to-day basis, our engineers spend their time working onboard submarines or surface ships and in an office setting. PHNSY & IMF is looking for energetic self-motivated engineers to join the select group of men and women in our various Engineering Departments.
As an engineer at PHNSY&IMF,
- You will create, explore, evaluate, design and share solutions and the validity of their predicted performance to resolve problems, conditions, and issues.
- You will apply a range and depth of knowledge acquired specifically through an intensive learning regimen of the phenomena, theories, and concepts of a scientific body of engineering knowledge.
- You will understand theories, concepts, principles and their relationships underlying the practices of professional engineering to improve the efficiency and quality of work performed.
- You will identify, analyze, advise, consult and report on scientific, theoretical, and factual data, conditions, and problems.
- You will assess, resolve and predict the relationships and interactions of data and findings under varying conditions.