DevSecOps Engineer - Verity Solutions - WORK FROM HOME
Verity Solutions, a Cigna Company, is an award-winning leader in software and services developed for administration of the federal 340B drug pricing program. Our mission is to simplify the complex process of maintaining 340B program compliance resulting in critical 340B cost savings for our customers. We value fresh thinking, drive, transparency, and are dedicated to providing agile and proactive solutions to those who serve the most vulnerable in our communities. At Verity Solutions, we foster a collaborative, casual, and technology driven environment and want to evolve and grow with diverse people who are inspired by progress and delighted by partnering with others.
The Sr. DevSecOps Engineer position is a key contributor to Verity’s industry-leading 340B SaaS platform, responsible for securing, maintaining, and extending performant, reliable, healthy, and scalable AWS architectures. This is a highly valuable position that will require you to have strong experience with securing cloud based infrastructure and applications. We’re looking for engineers who can mix great collaborative skills, an ability to work independently, an automation-first approach to problem solving, and deliver well thought and compelling solutions as part of an agile team.
* Assure the DevSecOps infrastructure, data assets, and services meets appropriate Cigna and regulatory requirements.
* Primary liaison with the Cigna Information Protection (CIP) team to manage policy compliance and issue remediation.
* Support maintaining our security assessments and certifications such as HITRUST.
* Protect the confidentiality of sensitive and/or proprietary company and customer information, including HIPAA data.
* Support vendors, customers, or prospects requesting a security review of our platform and services.
* Follow engineering and security best practices. Engage in understanding market trends by independent learning and research.
* Manage production and pre-production environments and deployments for our SaaS platform.
* Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery in an automated way.
* Document work and automation code/logic so that others can understand and contribute.
* Support core cloud infrastructure: Network, Servers, Active Directory, and similar systems.
* Implement monitoring systems to alert and report on key production environment metrics.
* Communicate progress, issues, and risks in a timely manner and cadence.
* Collaborate with other engineers and analysts on design, task sharing, and problem solving.
* Partner and communicate with Operations and Development team members to ensure successful production deployments and ensure security and effective monitoring in production environments.
* Support and promote the Verity values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
* Support office IT needs as needed.
* Other key projects and initiatives as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* At least 5+ years of hands on experience with core AWS services: EC2, Cloud Formation, S3, Cloud Watch, Inspector, and similar services. AWS certification is preferred but not required.
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is preferred but not required.
* Lead reporting and remediation efforts surrounding security vulnerability compliance.
* Experience with security tools such as PRISMA, Tenable, Archer GRC, Inspector, and OSSEC.
* Experience in CICD automation and configuration software like Jenkins, Chef, Run Deck, MOVEit.
* Experience with infrastructure as code, including Cloud Formation and Terraform.
* Proficiency in Linux and Windows server administration.
* Knowledgeable in supporting backend database technologies such as Mongo, MS-SQL, MYSQL.
* Knowledgeable in network configuration/troubleshooting (load balancing, firewalls, VPN, etc.)
* Proficiency in setting up and maintaining robust monitoring and alerting systems like Splunk or Grafana.
* Programming proficiency in any of the following languages to develop tools and automation: PowerShell, Bash, JSON, Golang, C#.
* Experience supporting Golang web based solutions preferred.
* A track record of designing for high scale and fault tolerance.
* Proficient with current industry-leading development tools (IDE, Source control, build/CI, etc.)
* Knowledge of cloud-centric design patterns.
* Curiosity and critical thinking skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Self-motivated, ability to be effective with minimal supervision.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with team members in a Scrum-based environment.
* Ability to adapt to changing requirements, business processes, etc.
* Experience developing applications for Pharmacy or Healthcare industries preferred.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload.
For this position, we anticipate offering an annual salary of 88,100 - 146,800 USD / yearly, depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
This role is also anticipated to be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan.
We want you to be healthy, balanced, and feel secure. That’s why you’ll enjoy a comprehensive range of benefits, with a focus on supporting your whole health. Starting on day one of your employment, you’ll be offered several health-related benefits including medical, vision, dental, and well-being and behavioral health programs. We also offer 401(k) with company match, company paid life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a minimum of 18 days of paid time off per year and paid holidays. For more details on our employee benefits programs, visit Life at Cigna.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna has a tobacco-free policy and reserves the right not to hire tobacco/nicotine users in states where that is legally permissible. Candidates in such states who use tobacco/nicotine will not be considered for employment unless they enter a qualifying smoking cessation program prior to the start of their employment. These states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Vermont, and Washington State.