Hawaiian Pidgin Analytic Linguist
Hawaiian Pidgin Analytic Linguist – A position with a purpose!
Metlang is seeking exceptional bilingual professionals looking to enhance their analytical and translation skills. Are you a people person? Are you looking to provide a much-needed public service to our community? Are you looking to put your bilingual skills to use while getting paid for your abilities and experience?
Metlang is a veteran owned provider of interpretation, translation, and monitoring services to the law enforcement community nationwide. Since 1990, Metlang has been the nation’s leading provider of interpretation, translation, and monitoring services to the United States Department of Justice nationwide. We employ experienced bilingual professionals with advanced or expert level foreign language fluency in over 100 languages and dialects.
Hawaiian Pidgin Analytic Linguists are responsible for monitoring, transcribing, translating, interpreting, and analyzing source material assisting law enforcement with their investigations into narco-trafficking, counterfeiting, terrorism, fraud and money laundering. Metlang offers rewarding part-time and full-time project-based employment on-site. We take pride in building long term relationships with our employees while providing outstanding benefits and competitive weekly pay.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor: To listen to or read foreign language communications, then subsequently type summaries into the English language.
- Transcribe: To render the spoken word of a language into the written form of the same language.
- Translate: To render the spoken or written word of one language into the written form of another language.
- Interpret: To translate orally either consecutively or simultaneously from source language to target language.
- Analyze: To examine methodically and in detail the constitution of information for purposes of explanation and interpretation.
- Clear, concise, effective written and spoken communication skills in English and applicant language
- Ability to summarize and translate audio and text, including slang and colloquialisms, in a real time manner
- Demonstrate prior interpreting and/or translating experience in a professional or personal setting
- Adequately prioritize tasks while demonstrating attention to detail and organization skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media, text message terminology in English and applicant language
- Typing abilities to exceed 40 words per minute
- Capable of adapting well under pressure and functioning cohesively in a team environment
- Availability to work a rotating schedule
- Candidates must pass writing, reading, listening, and speaking language tests in English and the language they are applying in or provide prior test results as required by contract
- Availability to work full time locally and travel outside your area for extended periods a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a Government security background investigation and must meet eligibility and suitability requirements.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Analytic Linguist job. They include the ability to talk, hear, see, sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate keys on a keyboard or telephone pad, stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the Analytic Linguist Position.
Metlang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran or disability.
At Metlang LLC/Metropolitan Interpreters and Translators, Inc., we are committed to maintaining an environment of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. If you need a reasonable accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact our Human Resources Department at: 1-800-421-0303 for further assistance.