Phlebotomist, In-Patient Services (DLS Oahu)
All candidates must submit an official application online at https://GreatCareersDLS.com in order to be considered for the position.
Diagnostic Laboratory Services, Inc. (DLS) is hiring for in-patient service phlebotomists to serve our Queen's Medical Center Punchbowl location. If you are an individual who seeks a fast-paced environment supporting hospital operations with patients of various age groups, this position may be for you!
We're currently seeking full-time and part-time (day/eve/night shift) positions to support our level I trauma hospital. We offer paid six (6) week's training with a comprehensive benefit package!
DLS is Hawaii’s largest locally owned and operated medical testing laboratory. DLS is considered a leader in the Hawaii, Guam and Saipan communities we serve. As an integral part of the patient care team, DLS uses state of the art testing and value-based informatics to promote optimal patient care and positively impact patient outcomes.
Collects blood specimen from patient by either venipuncture or skin puncture techniques. Accurately identifies patients and specimens according to prescribed procedure. Procures or receives other non-blood specimens. Verifies specimen integrity and specimen identification. May perform Forensic Toxicology (specimen collections, Breath Alcohol Testing), Point-of-Care and/or waived testing. May be required to drive a company vehicle.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Academic background with courses in mathematics and some biological
sciences preferred. One-year patient care, medical laboratory, or equivalent public contact experience preferred. Previous phlebotomy experience, preferred.
- Certification from ASCP, ASPT, or AMT as phlebotomist, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both in verbal and written form.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must possess a valid State of Hawaii (or equivalent) motor vehicle license
and a current acceptable traffic abstract.
- Health Insurance
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Subsidized Parking and Bus Pass
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet