Staff Attorney / Compliance & Regulatory Manager
Who We Are
Since we opened our doors in 1994, we've been on our own entrepreneurial journey that has taken us from a small office in Kailua-Kona to one of Hawaii's most successful companies. Today our team is bigger, but our purpose remains: Empowering employers to succeed in Hawaii. For more information about our purpose and solution, visit Proservice.com.
By joining us, you're becoming a member of our #PROhana. Being a part of the #PROhana includes working for an high performing organization and service culture, that has been recognized as one of Hawaii's Best Places to work for 16 years. If you're an individual that values and has a high bar of excellence, empathy, ownership mentality, resourcefulness, and tenacity, we want to hear from you! To learn more about our culture and other career opportunities, visit Proservice.com/career
This Staff Attorney / Manager of Corporate and Regulatory Compliance serves a critical role in ensuring our corporate entities and our client insurance programs remain compliant and in good standing with all laws and regulations governing our industry. This Staff Attorney must have a superb legal mind, possess excellent research and analytical skills, be resourceful and must embrace the challenges of learning about complex laws that govern our industry, including but not limited to: state and federal health care and benefit laws, ERISA, captive insurance laws, 401K benefit laws, PEO licensing, and corporate records governance.
This individual will also play a critical role in negotiating our contracts with our key vendors (e.g., health care carriers), advancing legislation that will benefit our clients, and collaborating with state and federal regulators on resolving key matters affecting ProService. To succeed, this Staff Attorney must be tenacious, have a high bar of excellence, extremely organized, innovative and be a collaborative thinker who is relentless and driven about finding the right solutions to complex regulatory and business challenges.
- Health Care & Supplemental Benefits Programs
- Filings and Audits of M-1 & 5500
- Ensure compliance of 401k and Flex 125 plans by supporting document management, annual filings, and discrimination testing.
- Fee Transparency execution - During open enrollment, ensure materials, contracts, and billing documents are all updated with the most recent transparency language.
- Annual HMSA audit - Support interaction with HMSA and supply data for complete sample after manual data review.
- Vendor contract management- Ensure contracts are stored in our archives and are up to date, renegotiated or renewed in a timely manner.
- Product management - Ensure products are sale-able in the market, appeal to employees, and provide adequate value to premium ratio.
- Captive Program
- Oversee captive management firm. Draft Board packet and facilitate annual meeting. Execute audits as needed. Develop new products to include in the captive.
- Regulatory Programs
- HI PEO (registering new entities and annual renewals)
- Non-HI PEO (registering new entities and annual renewals)
- Business registrations, all entities
- Make sure appropriate entity is filed in each state, as necessary.
- Execute annual reports and updates.
- File data for HC, WC, and Corporate entities quarterly.
- Corporate Books and Records
- Corporate insurance
- Communicate with Agents, as needed and participate in renewal process each May/June.
- Annual corporate audit and records management
- Ensure auditors have all legal and insurance documents, as needed.
- Ensure correct entities and records are on file and accurate.
- Keep Articles, Operating Agreements, Bylaws, Board minutes up-to-date.
- General Consults & Support
- General support and consults to Account Managers, Business Development Managers, Implementation, Client HR, and Benefits as needed for ACA and Prepaid education, and general insurance program compliance/discriminatory practices.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Strong sense of ownership, organized, detailed project manager who is relentless about achieving results.
- Creative tactical problem solver.
- Strong analytical mind; ability to understand insurance and applicable laws and work with the company's subject matter experts and consultants.
- Strong analytical bent. Uses data to support and make decisions.
- Ability to read and comprehend legal and regulatory documents.
- Growth mindset, forward thinking, relentless learner.
- Insurance licenses or experience in the insurance industry - with an insurance carrier or agency.
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- 401k Company Match
- Generous paid time off including 7 observed holidays, floating holidays, and paid volunteer time.
- Company contribution towards individual healthcare plans (medical, drug, vision, and dental)
- Flexible Spending, Life, and Accident insurance programs
ProService Hawaii is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, and local law. ProService is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com or you may call us at 808-394-8878.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.