OUTSIDE SALES HILO–
REPORTS TO VP OF SALES
Join Hawaii’s leading distributor of agricultural and industrial chemicals, fertilizer and specialty products.
POSITION DESCRIPTION Under general supervision of Hilo Branch Manager, maintains proper liaison with existing customers and develops new accounts to achieve company goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, organizes and schedules sales calls to service existing accounts; develops new accounts through aggressive sales techniques.
- Ability to learn and use CRM (Customer Relationship Management) data program.
- Maintains product knowledge by attending seminars and trade shows, meeting with supplier representatives, and by reviewing literature.
- Introduces new products through demonstration, and explanation of usage and application rates in order to gain customer acceptance.
- Ensures that all sales are made in conformance with Federal, State and City & County agency regulations. - Maintains an adequate inventory by reviewing product requirements, requesting supplemental purchases, and providing sales forecasts.
- Assist with account receivables and aging inventory.
- Maintains and increases customer sales levels for all assigned accounts.
1. Three to five years of previous sales experience required.
2. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
3. Excellent knowledge of the commodities distributed by the company.
4. Self-motivated with demonstrated sales skills.
5. Working knowledge of governmental regulations governing the handling, storing, and transporting of hazardous products.
6. Valid driver’s license must be maintained while employed. Safe driving habits and no texting while driving.
7. High school diploma or equivalent; college degree is preferred.
1. Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
2. Eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
3. Ability to drive a vehicle without any physical limitations.
BENEFITS: • 401(k) • Medical insurance • Dental insurance • Vacation • Paid sick days • Paid holidays • Floating holiday • Paid day off for birthday • Life insurance • Free Parking Base salary begins at $42K yearly plus commission pay