- Effectively leads shift crews (labor) by delegating duties, assigning tasks, and following up with all team members as directed by management.
- Submit department approved labor order(s) and sign in sheet(s) to contractors. Follow up regarding fulfillment of order, as well as changes or cancellation of order. Update all information in company accounting system.
- Prepare and process purchase requisitions, as directed by management, for departmental expenses to include but not limited to forecasted weekly labor order(s), supplies, equipment, ancillary/event equipment as needed. Ensure accuracy of purchase requisitions, update changes and attach necessary documentation in company accounting system.
- Order approved expenses to include, but not limited to, supplies, equipment, ancillary/event equipment as needed.
- Prepare event labor reports by documenting daily allocations and updating End of the Month Labor Allocation Report.
- Participate in routine physical inventory and maintain inventory control program under the direction of management. Makes recommendations to Management of program improvements as needed.
- Record and store all Contract Labor Initiatives to management.
- Sign in sheets, schedules, invoices etc.
- Responsible for training Facilities staff on a regular basis on various topics including, but not limited to; safety and SOP’s. Maintains understanding of the buildings rules, regulations, inventory and USI operations.
- Manages projects of preventative and routine maintenance from start to finish. Collaborates, as needed, with various departments to ensure high quality and timely project completion.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of at least 2 years of related work experience.
- Proficient in data management and possess strong organization skills.
- Must be able to be lift/carry 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of and experience using proper safety techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Proficient at math.
- Demonstrated ability to follow departmental and company procedures accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekdays, weekends, holidays, and additional hours as venue schedule requires.
- Must effectively adapt to a changing environment and direction to execute client and/or management needs.
- Must perform all duties with integrity and ensuring all company and department policies are adhered to.
- Must be able to work in difficult positions/environment. This includes frequent exposure to sun, sitting, standing, moving about, climbing, twisting/bending/stooping, reaching, use of fine finger movements, hand/eye coordination, pushing and pulling. This includes frequent sitting, reaching, typing.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, good supervisory skills, ability to follow and communicate oral and written instructions.
- Ability to conduct in a professional, positive and friendly manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn required business systems such as company accounting system and event management system.
- Must have the ability to work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients, contractors, and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect the Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
Candidates are required upload resume for application to be considered.