Local Sales Manager - Convention Center
ATTAIN ESTABLISHED ROOM NIGHT, REVENUE AND/OR NUMBER OF EVENTS GOALS
- Direct and manage all group and banquet sales activities to achieve budgeted individual and team revenue goals.
- Execute annual business plan to achieve goals.
- Accountable for established goals that are determined/renewed on an annual basis with the General Manager.
- Solicit past, existing and potential accounts through personal sales calls, site inspections/visits, customer targeted events/initiatives, written/oral communications.
- Maintain knowledge of market, competition and account prospects to be added to the account portfolio.
Participate in sales meetings, sales strategy meetings, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings, as required.
Attend trade shows, industry events and/or meetings determined to impact direct sales to the Hawaii Convention Center.
ASSIST HAWAI‘I VISITOR AND CONVENTION BUREAU:
- With inquiries pertaining to space, dates and rates.
- Any other sales related functions, to include but not limited, to site inspections and/or client meetings.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in Business or Marketing and/or
- A minimum of 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Experience selling a Convention Center, collaborating with a city and/or state visitor’s bureau, hotel partners etc. Strong knowledge of the Convention Center industry; sales and/or marketing experience in the Travel/Tourism industry.
- Ability to make presentations to company management and clients. Excellent customer service skills working with diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent knowledge of computer operations (Microsoft Office 365).
- Requires strong listening and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive work relationships with clients, vendors, and staff.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and working with confidential information.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities independently.
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess and exude a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects/tasks while remaining productive and professional.
- Self-starter with a willingness and enthusiasm for taking on additional responsibility.
- Ability to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
- Must work harmoniously in a team setting exhibiting the “Aloha Spirit” to fellow workers, guests, clients and the community so as to provide exceptional customer service while demonstrating behaviors that reflect the Hawai‘i Convention Center’s vision, mission statement and values.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Experience selling Hawai‘i as destination
Applicant must upload a resume to be considered for this position.