Tax Compliance Accountant
Who We Are
Since we opened our doors in 1994, we've been on our own entrepreneurial journey that has taken us from a small office in Kailua-Kona to one of Hawaii's most successful companies. Today our team is bigger, but our purpose remains: Empowering employers to succeed in Hawaii. For more information about our purpose and solution, visit Proservice.com.
By joining us, you're becoming a member of our #PROhana. Being a part of the #PROhana includes working for an high performing organization and service culture, that has been recognized as one of Hawaii's Best Places to work for 16 years. If you're an individual that values and has a high bar of excellence, empathy, ownership mentality, resourcefulness, and tenacity, we want to hear from you! To learn more about our culture and other career opportunities, visit Proservice.com/career
The purpose of the Tax Compliance Accountant is to ensure that our client's payroll tax filings are accurate and timely. This role will be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert pertaining to all tax filing related matters of our clients worksite employees both in state and out of state, and completing mandatory government surveys.
- Tax Payments
- Responsible for executing on all semi-weekly, monthly and quarterly state and federal tax payments.
- Reconciliation of tax payments to the GL and bank.
- Tax Filings
- Ensures that all monthly, quarterly and annual state and federal tax filings are completed.
- Completes all amendments and/or abates penalties and interest when applicable for tax filings.
- Tax Compliance
- Resolves payroll tax related notices & client inquiries by contacting government agencies for clarification of tax rules.
- Answer & research items for ESAC audits quarterly.
- Completes Multi-State wage & admin analyst for accounting.
- Ensures all PEO & HRO tax ids are up to date.
- Researches payroll tax laws for multiple states in the USA and complex tax compliance issues through providing comprehension and referencing specific tax codes. Balances third party sick payment information from our insurance carrier, recording and filing necessary taxes. Keeps current with payroll tax laws and trends.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Two year's experience in payroll/payroll tax
- Problem solving and Strong attention to detail
- PEO experience is a plus!
- Mastertax experience is a plus!
- Multi-State payroll experience is a plus!
Benefits & Perks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- 401k Company Match
- Generous paid time off including 7 observed holidays, floating holidays, and paid volunteer time.
- Company contribution towards individual healthcare plans (medical, drug, vision, and dental)
- Flexible Spending, Life, and Accident insurance programs
ProService Hawaii is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, and local law. ProService is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com or you may call us at 808-394-8878.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Click on the green "Apply" button to start the application process.