Digital Media Intern
The Digital Media Intern at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Hawaii will work to create and deliver engaging content on behalf of the organization. We are a team of inspired individuals who make a difference in people's lives. Our mission is to provide a home-away-from home for critically ill children and their families. We are looking for a student who is compassionate and cares about giving back to families. If you are talented, energetic and excited to share in our commitment of building a greater future, Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Hawaii has an internship opportunity for you. The student will work directly under the Public Relations and Marketing Manager.
- Understand appropriate usage and best practice for primary social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Capturing high-quality, creative pictures/videos
- Create editorial calendars for social media
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information
- Work with internal teams to support the development and creation of an overall digital media strategy.
- High levels of energy and passion
- Proficiency in all primary social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Passion for social media engagement, including understanding of social media standards and etiquette
- Working on a BA degree in Communications/Journalism, Marketing, Video, Business Administration or other related fields
- Strong communication skills, including grammar and spelling, in order to skillfully write creative post copy
- Self-motivation, organizational skills, and ability to manage and complete a variety of tasks on time while achieving results
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Reliable computer and internet access, for virtual or hybrid only.
- Proof of current and completed COVID-19 vaccination.