Certified Nurse Aide (CNA)
Job Purpose: The Certified Nursing Aide (CNA), is responsible for providing direct assistance with activities of daily living, serving meals and encouraging resident independence while promoting dignity at all times.
CNA certification required
The following are essential functions of the job:
· Knows residents rights and provides care being respectful of resident choices.
· Collaborates with nursing and care staff to ensure residents receive the best quality of care possible.
· Provide moral support to residents to help them adjust to changes, disabilities and their new surroundings, establishing a trusting relationship with them.
· Practices proper universal precautions and infection control procedures at all times.
· Assists residents with activities of daily living including; bathing, dressing, grooming, serving meals and peri-care.
· Records resident vital signs; including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration rate as requested through Resident Service Plans or by nursing staff.
· Records resident weigh-ins as specified in Resident Service Plans or as requested by nursing staff.
· Provides physical support to residents with daily activities and personal hygiene, including bathing, dressing, getting out of bed, - using the toilet, walking, standing or exercising.
· Performs any reasonable requests which may be asked by a resident.
· Prepares resident for appointments by ensuring all personal care tasks are completed prior to.
· Conducts inventories of resident’s personal hygienic supplies and informs care staff of resident needs.
· Documents resident care (Point Click Care) appropriately and timely in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Ensures residents receive appropriate diet by reviewing their dietary restriction, food allergies, and preferences
· Serves and distributes meals, beverages and snacks as requested by residents, as appropriate by community.
· Busses and cleans the tables and chairs in the dining room, and sweeps and mops the floors after each meal service.
· Restocks, labels and covers items for food prep, and cleans and prepares the dining room and servery as appropriate by community.
· Escorts residents to appointments as specified by the resident service plans.
· Reports concerns regarding residents’ behaviors, complaints, or physical symptoms to Charge Nurse on shift, Director of Nursing, or/and Administrator as appropriate by community.
· Attends on-going training and monthly in-service training as required, maintaining a minimum of six hours annually.
· Is familiar with disaster and fire plans as specified in policies and procedures manual and assist with building emergencies as instructed.
· Adheres to all employment requirements established in the Team Member Handbook, the Operating Policies and the Procedural Manuals.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the nursing care staff or Director of Nursing.
· State of Hawaii Certified Nursing Aide Certification, in good standing.
· Current Tuberculosis Clearance, according to the State of Hawaii Department of Health regulations.
· CPR and First Aid Certification.