Field Engineer - Kiewit Building Group
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building meaningful projects that positively affect the communities in which we live. Opportunities can range from large healthcare projects, such as the Children’s Hospital Hubbard Center for Children in Omaha, to Higher Education projects like University of Hawaii Manoa’s Creative Media Center, as well as large commercial mixed used similar to Denver’s 9th and Colorado Redevelopment Project. At Kiewit, we pride ourselves on our high standards, a collaborative spirit, and a commitment to excellence. Whether mentoring a team member, collaborating and partnering with one of the industry’s top experts, or applying your skills communication and coordination skills to the job at hand, you will be a valued team member, shaping the future of the company as well as the industry. In addition to the roles and responsibilities you will be provided, there will also be access to an abundance of Kiewit resources to assist you as grow your career.
Kiewit Building Group specializes in the vertical construction industry, constructing office buildings, industrial complexes, education and sports facilities, hotels, hospitals, transportation terminals, science and technology facilities, manufacturing, retail and special-use facilities and extensive interior construction with tenant improvements. Its capabilities include general construction, construction management, design-build, design-assist and turn-key project development. The Kiewit Building Group process begins with fast, accurate preconstruction project management services and is guided through the construction, including post-construction services to our Clients.
We have projects across the United States, so our people must be willing to go where the work is. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date. Must be able to travel and relocate as business requires.
- Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontracts and materials management, purchasing and scheduling.
- Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and preparing shop drawings
- May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project
- Bachelor's degree in a construction-related field of engineering
- Minimum overall GPA of 2.5
- Experience with leadership in some capacity
- Ability to travel and relocate to small and large cities as business requires
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
- Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
- Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.