Sales Operations Manager
Valia Honolulu is a women’s clothing and gift boutique specializing in handmade, Made in Hawaii and designed in Hawaii products. We opened in 2016 and currently operate one store in downtown Honolulu. Our business has grown since day one and we attribute our growth to our amazing team and customers who stuck with us and supported us through the pandemic. We value developing relationships in every aspect of our business – with our vendors, our team and our customers. This is why we call ourselves a boutique with heart. Our passion for supporting small businesses and our community is a big part of our business and woven into our culture. Our growth means our small business owners grow means our employees and their employees grow and we can have a stronger impact on small businesses and the community.
Owner, Camille, has over a decade of experience in corporate retail starting from a sales associate in a small boutique to Assistant manager for a major luxury retailer. That valuable work experience has helped her build her brand but also taught her about creating a company culture that she can be proud of. Camille wants every employee to know they are important to the business, help them grow (personally and professionally), and provide open communication in a collaborative work environment. We also believe in steady, predictable schedules that allow our team to plan ahead, have enough time for other jobs, personal matters and be able to live life outside of work.
We believe in finding the right person and the right attitude for the job! We are willing to teach, train and set you up with all the skills you need to be successful in the role. If you love supporting small businesses and working at a job that provides meaning beyond a paycheck, we’d love to get to know you and hope we can be a great fit for each other!
As the Sales Operations Manager, you will be responsible for retail store operations. Our goal is to open a second location within a year and are looking for someone who is willing to grow with us from a part time to full time role, helping us open and manage multiple stores. Your role will be important in providing customers the best experience, working with the sales team to achieve sales and brand goals, assisting in managing our online store, working with our vendors and maintaining the shop aesthetic through visual merchandising and maintenance.
This role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
· Responsible for upholding the customer service levels at their store locations
· Handles customer service issues for their store(s)
· Manages and serves as a part of the selling staff and floor coverage of their district’s stores
· Meets sales goals in-stores through management of the store teams and processes
· Responsible for district’s online order fulfillments in an efficient, accurate and presentable manner
· Basic website management including uploading new products, taking images writing effective copy and descriptions.
· Merchandises and maintains the in-store appearance and window displays
· Monitor and order shop supplies needed for operations
· Write purchase orders for each store location based on selling reports, trends, customer feedback and approved budgets
· Maintains vendor relationship
· Researches and works with new vendors to vet and introduce new brands
Manages sales associate team
Recruits and interviews new team members.
Trains new team members in customer service, selling, product knowledge and shop maintenance, following brand standards.
Position will be evaluated on:
Store sales, online order fulfillment, inventory management, store cleanliness, product sell-thrus, customer feedback and ratings, performance of sales team
Prolonged periods of standing, reaching and lifting.
Must be able to lift 50lbs at times.
Must be able to work 19-25 hours a week during hours of operation
Must have: Valid Hawaii Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Compensation: $18-$22/hour depending on experience